• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need an LMTV checked out near Richmond VA

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

I good friend of mine pulled the trigger on an LMTV from govplanet in Richmond, VA. Based on the description, the trans controller is missing from the dash and possibly there may be other missing components as well. Is there anyone nearby that can put eyes on the truck and see what else might look out of place? He will forward me more details that I can then get up on here. The tentative plan would be to try to get the truck running out east and do a roadtrip to bring it back west.

Z

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hello all,

I good friend of mine pulled the trigger on an LMTV from govplanet in Richmond, VA. Based on the description, the trans controller is missing from the dash and possibly there may be other missing components as well. Is there anyone nearby that can put eyes on the truck and see what else might look out of place? He will forward me more details that I can then get up on here. The tentative plan would be to try to get the truck running out east and do a roadtrip to bring it back west.

Z
Waiting for a few EUCs to clear out of there could look then. they will hopefully clear this month.

There is a member north of there. Dont know his name off the top but he had some Flu419 tools in the classifieds for sale

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will post up the auction link as soon as I get it from my friend (I am also trying to get him to sign up on steelsoldiers-- he is a decorated Colonel and a personal hero).

Z

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the details on the truck... it is govplanet lot number 1952386.

My quick once over on the pics looks like ign switch, start button, trans shifter pad, regulator, window cranks, inner door panels, and door handles at a minimum. I also cannot tell for sure if the rear driveshaft is kinked or not. What do you guys think?

As I said earlier, the tentative plan would be a prep and drive recovery-- assuming the worst case option, is there anyone nearby that would consider a grab and stash if needed?

Z

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not plan on driving anything away from this location. All trucks on this lot have been forked into trucks and off trucks to get them here. I've bought 7 from this batch and know the lot manager well so he gave me some good details on the DRMO side handling these trucks. Best bet is bid low and haul it home.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That doesn't sound reassuring--- I guess it may turn into a grab and stash then as my buddy already won it and is just waiting on the paperwork to clear.

Z

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agree with fuzzy. Needs WTECII controller for a ‘97. Michelin tires are too old as well for a long march. Also voltage regulator been cannibalized.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not plan on driving anything away from this location. All trucks on this lot have been forked into trucks and off trucks to get them here. I've bought 7 from this batch and know the lot manager well so he gave me some good details on the DRMO side handling these trucks. Best bet is bid low and haul it home.
Ziggy,

I didn't want to dishearten you on this point, but after seeing other pipe up, I'll have to agree - everything I've seen on this lot over months of watching has been beaten to bits. Despite living fairly close, I've just avoided these machines all together.

Sorry. Hope you can get it home without too much struggle.

SJ

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The truck can be put back together. It’s just a matter of how much you want to invest in it. I don’t see any forklift damage on the driveshafts. All the stuff it’s missing is the high demand parts with low availability. It’s not a truck that you would be able to drive off the lot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks