• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802 803 831 Hi temp switch Problem

PoP PoP

802 803 Hi temp switch Problem

My new 803 has a bad Hi temp switch. This is IP, GP purchase, it came in with the wire unplugged. (New Machine 07 model) It reads open which it should as well as the one on my 802. When connected it will send the genset into HI Temp fault. Swapped out with the 802 and of course the 802 now has the fault and the 803 is good to go. My problem is finding a replacement at a reasonable price and of course the lesser issue of it showing open (which it should) yet causes the fault. I can live with not understanding. What and where do you guys use for replacement? Found Horton 220 F switch that I think will work but wanted to ask here first. I would be happy with a used one that is known to work. Should say inbox me with used switch price please. The switch part number is OEM MEP802A-MEP803A TEMPERATURE SWITCH Onan 186-6581 The switch itself is labeled (INDEX 8037122) Just for clarity this is the 2 wire Hi temp Switch NOT the temp indicator sender MT 6.

Last edited:

PoP PoP

I was hoping someone would give a link based of their independent search. So I will throw out what I found. Is this correct, even if it is 5 degrees cooler? 220 F vs 225 F I think it would not make a diff. Deleted link to avoid mistake or confusion. Thread diameter could have been diff.

Last edited:

Zed254

Searched on your posted part numbers. The onan didn't get me much. The INDEX 8037122 number has more info available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/INDEX-Ther...Thread-225-Degree-Normally-Open-/252688737382

Then did a reverse search on the NSN 5930-01-378-6882 in TM 9-6115-642-24P and came up with:
9 PAOZZ PAOZZ PAOZZ 30554 88-22203 .SWITCH,THERMOSTATIC 1 1

Then searched on parttarget with the TM's part number: https://www.parttarget.com/5930-01-...&searchoption=sku&originalsearchtext=88-22203

NSNs match. I think your part is the ebay listing.

PoP PoP

​How in the world I did not see that listing. I searched and researched. WOW! It comes up first when I searched for it! Just WOW. Thank you Zed254 Part ordered.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks