• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proper military style knot for M101 cargo caver

jbryce

Proper military style knot for M101 cargo cover

Hey, does this look like the proper military method for the tie down ropes on an M101 cargo cover? Thanks.

m101 cover knot.png

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use whatever knot that will work.
The trailer TM doesn’t mention (unless I missed it) which knot to use, just to simply secure the cover.

I installed rubber rope on mine.
Same stuff used on the M939 5 ton tarps.
No more tying rope.
Holds nice and tight down the road.
80A102D7-9849-4E5F-861D-6B0378C2CEC7.jpg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
X2 on what AntennaClimber said.
Bought mine at same place.

The thing I like most about the rubber rope is the speed and ease of it.
I hated untying and retrying the regular rope just to grab or place something inside.
Now it takes maybe 30 seconds, if that, to get inside and same amount of time to strap the cover down.

Another great thing about the rubber rope is that even in winter time, the rubber still holds the tarp tight and will still stretch/retract.

119B3A5D-9C76-4684-A749-8A4038166710.jpg03673B40-5001-49B9-9E8E-8889FCEE6ABF.jpg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t remember.
Call them and read off some of the numbers on the label to them.
That should do it.

I would measure it but I’m two states away from it at the moment.

jbryce

I was thinking 7/16 might be a little thick too. I forwarded Tinstar's pictures to McMaster and they were able to verify that it is 5/16 diameter. Thanks again guys.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking 7/16 might be a little thick too. I forwarded Tinstar's pictures to McMaster and they were able to verify that it is 5/16 diameter. Thanks again guys.
Would you post the part number for future reference?

FloridaAKM

You can also get it in a silicon rubber compound, but it is 3x the price & red only. A few years ago, it was offered in a different type of material for less than 2x the price of EPDM cord in a host of colors, but I guess they discontinued it. If you find that 5/16" is too big to get it to thread into the covers, cut it to a point & then it will thread thru the existing military cover holes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks