• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Circuit Breakers

DREDnot

Going through my PDP panel project

DSCN9368.jpg

and I cracked open one of the GI circuit breakers. Looks like they have seen better days.

20190711_195954.jpg

I think I'm gonna replace them with common BUSS type fuses.

I was checking the -24P parts manual to see what amperage and how many of each and noticed item #77 didn't list the amperage. All the others state the amp rating. 8, 10, 15, 20, 25.
So what are the #77? 5 amp? 30 amp?

DSCN9975.jpg

I googled the part number and the few places that gave the amps said 15A.
Just confused as there is already a 15A listed
There are a good amount of them needed. CB21, CB23, CB41, CB44, CB49, CB71, CB76, CB79
I don't have access to the truck to pull the CB and look for markings.
Anybody know for sure or can look at theirs?

DSCN9978.jpg

Reworked LMTV

Interesting. I was just working with some on my breakers too. The plastic cases are showing their age. Probably heat and UV light. I note one key difference between yours and mine. Yours has rust on it. Look for a leak above that panel. Gaskets on the running lights maybe.

DREDnot

This truck came with a picked clean panel.
No evidence of leaks.

All the breakers and relays came from a tub of spares bought for the project.

The second breaker I opened was rusty and burnt looking. I used a wire brush and scotchbrite to see what would clean off. It seems like one of the Bi-metals has burnt/corroded away I'm sure this thing wont function as a 10A breaker anymore.

DSCN9985.jpg

My fear is that the relays are in similar condition. A quick ebay peek showed Chinese repop junk at $12 each

Ronmar

Breakers are cool and all, but hard to pass on the robust nature and vibration resistant characteristics of automotive fuses...

The good thing about relays is they are easy enough to troubleshoot and bypass when necessary...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks