• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

804A Battery

robertsears1

Yours sounds almost exactly like mine when I got it, I think it had 47 hours. Most any battery that will fit should work. I actually have a 24 volt nicad battery from an airplane that I ruined which works fine on mine now (actually that is in my 804b- regular batteries are in the 804a). Hopefully, the cables are still there. Have you run military style generators before? Have you downloaded the books and read them? The Isuzu engine is different than other 002, 003, 802, 803, or 804b engines in that there is not an electric primary pump, it is mechanical. That means when you turn the main swith to prime and run, you will not hear anything. There are several things to check before you start it and there is lots of knowledge here to help. There are also some modifications that will need to be done or check for to keep from killing your new generator (search fuse mod). You will also need to hold the switch in start until the oil pressure stabilizes, not normal for most all other engines I ever ran. It feels weird at first but is designed this way and will not hurt the starter. If you bought this to run 3 phase equipment, fine. If for single phase, not so much since it will not do 120/240 single phase (not designed for) as everything up to the 804 size was. I am not saying it is impossible, but if you bought this for your house, you may want to rethink it for something more suitable. Please help us help you, details of your experience and plans for it will get better answers. Pictures are always welcome.

Robert

Last edited:

Mustangsud

Thanks! Yes, this is my first real hands-on with these generators. I just got the 804A, along with an 805A on a trailer. The 805 has 500 hrs on it. Thanks for the heads up on the fuse mod. I’ve found pics for the 805 mod, but not on the 804. If you have pics of that I’d appreciate it.

Since I spent 12 years as an Army officer many moons ago(Tanker, never touched a gen set), Im very familiar with TM’s and have downloaded everything I can find. The 804 is specifically to run a 3 phase skid mounted water pumping unit I also acquired.

Thanks for the tips, and I really look forward to getting these sets up and running.

Last edited:

robertsears1

If you need to talk something through on the 804, you can click on my name to get to a PM and I will send you my number, I probably have run 600 hours between my two. I am not familiar with the 805s but some folks are and have repaired the little display screen if yours has issues.

Robert

Macondo

Hello there,
My new (to me) 804b just arrived this week to home! Right now we are cleaning and painting it, found some rust and dirt.
As soon I finish I will post some pictures; but reading you I am quite worry about what you said modifications to be done and search fuse mod. Would you please be more specific In order to learn what I have to do?
Thks.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am quite worry about what you said modifications to be done and search fuse mod. Would you please be more specific In order to learn what I have to do?
Thks.
A simple search will tell you everything you need to know.
It’s been covered multiple times.

Macondo

Hello there!

I don't know if I can do this, but right now more than half of this country (Venezuela) has no power!!!

I am writing this because my 002a (804a is not ready) and many of you in this marvelous forum!

I have several question about 002a but is not time to do it and my % of power is not working...

But my reason to write is to thank you for your help!!!

God Bless you!!!

Guyfang

Staff member
Hello there!

I don't know if I can do this, but right now more than half of this country (Venezuela) has no power!!!

I am writing this because my 002a (804a is not ready) and many of you in this marvelous forum!

I have several question about 002a but is not time to do it and my % of power is not working...

But my reason to write is to thank you for your help!!!

God Bless you!!!
So ask away! That's what we do here. Answer questions.

Chainbreaker

Hello there!

Also, if you are wanting help with your MEP-002a best to start a new thread so that is not buried within this MEP-804a thread. That way it will get the 002a specific attention it deserves.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks