• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P. - Maurice "Stan" Stansbury - ND MVPA

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I have the sad duty to report the loss of one of our own!

Maurice Stansbury from Buxton ND Passed to be with God last Monday. Stan was the secretary of the ND chapter of the MVPA and will be missed greatly by one and all, Stan was a great Father, Husband and friend to all around him. Stan spent 30 years in the Air Force and retired as a Senior Chief Master Sergeant! Stan had a pretty good motor pool going when he passed with 2 MACK 123 tractors an 8 series tractor an Deuce and a gamagoat and a 151 Jeep! Stan was a very good co-leader for our organization and he will be forever missed by all who knew him but forever remembered!!!

Karl Kostman

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about Stan passing. I met him in Devils Lake, ND during a m818 we purchased on base and drove back years ago (that was a longggg drive in a bobtail m818). Super nice guy and he was fun to crack jokes with. At the time he had a really clean old body style ford powerstroke that was his pride and joy and rightfully so. Sorry to hear of his passing as he was a genuinely nice guy who just happened to also have good taste in trucks and MV’s. I’ll keep his family in my prayers. I just looked up his obituary and he joined the airforce on the day and year I was born. Life is precious and every day we are breathing is a blessing. James ch 4 vs 14

Andy

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heavenly Father,
We trust in our faith that You have welcomed our brother, Maurice Stansbury, into the heaven that awaited him. We lift up his family, his surviving friends and all who knew and loved him. Send upon them Your Holy Spirit and bring them peace and comfort through our faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ.
In His name we pray.
AMEN!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few questions:

1. Was Stan an SS Member?

2. If so, what is his username, please?

3. Have funeral/memorial plans been announced/scheduled, and an obituary published online that could be linked here???

Thank you.
John
SS Chaplain

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks