• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help With Value!

MAXMAN

Recently bought an M1028 that has a set of the H1 beadlocks and 37" Goodyears on it. Tires have tons of tread but are weather checking. I'm going to sell them, but don't know what they might be worth. Please help!

richingalveston

being that you can buy good take offs for approx. $100 each +/- $25, i would say they may be worth $50 each if they are not dry rotted to much. if you can find someone who wants them. If they are dry rotted real bad then they are probably not worth anything. you might find someone close to you that wants them but not many people will pay to ship tires that are not in good condition.
Post a pic of the tires and maybe you will get some honest answers.

get some close up pics of the tires

richingalveston

looking at the picks, yours are 12 bolt. to run these rims you normally have to have spacers. so you may want to see what spacers are there (aluminum or steel) and offer those with the wheels. the spacer is probably worth as much as the wheel. also good to check and see if the run flats are still in them or removed so the buyer knows what he is getting.
post an add on this site and it will probably sell if the price is right.

to check for run flat, deflate tire and see if it the rim sinks to the ground if it stays up a few inches then the run flats are probably still in the tire

cucvrus

Good point on the H1 wheels. They do not have very much value unless they are 24 bolt. And then maybe. I had several sets of the wheels and tires. And I scrapped several sets of 12 & 24 bolt wheels with the magnesium run flats still attached and cut the rubber run flats out. The wheels and tires were everywhere back in 2010. Brand new 24 bolt with BFG Baja claw tires mounted on them. My Son ran them on his Mr Crusty M1028 A1 and they were poor tires for mileage. About 10 K miles and they were worn out. We used a sawz-all to get the solid rubber run flats out of the tire. I think I still have 1 set of H1 bias ply wheels that are basically scrap steel value. He ran all the bias ply tires also. The M1028 is gone now and I don't miss the tire swapping. Good Luck on your sale.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks