• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1025a2 6.5 non turbo no fuel problem

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently picked up a m1025a2 hmmwv and I am diagnosing the no start problem. I fixed a leak from a cracked check valve on the return line. I have good pressure with no air at the bleed screw on the filter and the bleeder by the front wheel, but nothing when I crack open the injector lines. I suspect either the injector pump or the built in fuel shut off solenoid stuck closed. I have 24 volts to both wires that plug into the top. And I have fuel coming out the port in the top where the rubber fuel line is attached. I tried taking the top off the pump to access the shut off plunger, but can't figure out what size security torch is the right size.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did forget to mention the throttle lever on the pump was stuck when I tried the pedal. I disconnected the throttle cable and got it to free up with a little extra pressure. It started moving easily immediately. That's why I think the fuel shut off solenoid may be stuck also.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you hear the ip solenoid click when power is applied?
If your truck is a '95 it may be due for an injection pump overhaul, runs about $500.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search "5 point torx security bit" and see if that looks like a match to what you have.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was reset in 2008. It has only 9500 miles on it. I hear a slight click, but not every time. It is not noticable unless my face is right next to it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would open the top of the injector pump like you are trying to do and make sure everything is free. Is yours a 1995 or 2002?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These pumps in the auction trucks “M1123, M104X’s” get replaced more then half the time in the shop...the trucks sat for 9-10yrs and the pump is gummed up. I sell about 4 a month.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the shut off solenoid off the top of the pump today. Plugged it in and grounded it and the solenoid works perfect. It was loud and easy to hear. So definitely something was holding it from releasing. The inner parts in the bowl beneath the solenoid was rusted up pretty good. I can't tell what is supposed to move and what isn't. It's not all rusty though, just a few of the uncoated carbon steel parts. Tomorrow I am going to dig a little deeper and see if I can clean up the parts and get it functioning again. If not, retiredwarhorses, how much are those pumps selling for?

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So today I got in there with a pick and tiny brass wire brush, and cleaned all the cruddy moving parts with pb blaster and brake parts cleaner, blowing it out often with compressed air. It took a little finess, but I got all the parts cleaned and moving. Put it back together, and it instantly fired up! Here are some pictures of the solenoid and the bowl on top of the pump. The piece in the back that pivots was what was stuck. 20190719_162906.jpg20190719_163000.jpg20190719_163011.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks