• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 806/816 fuel system questions

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have a mep 816. Runs fine makes power. The pickup tube was loose when I got it. It’s a very long tube for the tank size. It seems too long to fit. Is there some magic trick I am missing?
And the start switch has aux prime and prime. Aux prime runs the only electric pump that I see in the gen. I had to use the hand lever on the mechanical fuel pump to prime it. Is there supposed to be an electric pump?
The fuel sender or low fuel switch is cut. I am figuring one wire goes to the center post and one to the sender base.
77D169C7-15CE-45F6-8652-DEF9D51C8C69.jpgB6722BF6-39A3-4C6B-BD54-6CABDF626BF0.jpg72F12239-491C-42FF-8453-8C4B34166ADF.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
Morning Suprman,

Its a fuel level sender. If you look at the two wires, on of them will have a wire number that starts with 100. That's the ground wire. Just connect it to the base. ANY wire that starts with 100, is a ground. The other to the center post.

The tube assy. is item 32, in figure 10, PDF reader page 92. Its an (L) shape. Someone has bent it straight for some reason. You can see where its supposed to be bent, in the picture.

There is only one electric fuel pump on the machine, and its for AUX prime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks