• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drivers side seatbelt?

CivilEGR

How is this thing attached to the floorboard? I've used a can of PB Blaster and a cheater bar on my breaker bar and I still can barely get this thing to budge.

cucvrus

DSCF6330.jpgDSCF6334.jpgI am assuming it is an M1008/M1028. Use the torch and carefully heat the welded cage nut under the cab above the fuel tank. Easy enough to get to. Using a cordless or pneumatic impact with a 13/16" impact socket give it a shot. it should come right off/out. Make sure to heat it really good. A propane torch works but takes longer. An oxygen / acetylene works better and quicker. Do NOT break it off. I f it does not come loose in a few seconds reheat and try again. If you do the oxy/ace torch get it red hot and spray it with the water hose. Works like magic. I removed the manifold stud nut that holds the dip stick tube in. Took about 5 minutes. Heat and cool method worked excellent. Good Luck. Be Safe.

DeadParrot

If you were spraying the stuff from the cab, most/all was wasted. Have to spray up between the tank and cab and hit the square(at least on mine) nut that is under the seat belt setup in the cab. Might be worth removing some of the mud and rust first. Sometimes it takes a day or so for the penetrating stuff to do its thing. As mentioned, heat can speed the process.

chevymike

I feel your pain. My M1010 has a broken seat/belt bolt on the passenger side. Was like that when I got it but because of it, my wife hasn't ridden in it yet.

cucvrus

Passengers side is easier. Heat the nut up red hot and chill it quickly. Turn it out from the bottom. It is an M12 bolt. Available at any good hardware store. I can't remember the thread pitch 1.75 ??? off the top of my head. But once you have it out a hardware store visit will match it easily. Good Luck. I looked thru my notes I am correct. M12x 1.75 x 1 1/2" (35mm)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks