• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

things you dont want to see inside your hydrovac

johan77

finaly started to overhaul the brake system on my m275, no wonder that it wasn't working …. and checked the brake fluid, or what's left of it...in has a transparant color, and mixes with water so most likely it's DOT3 (when water added and after a bit shaking it is getting a milky color)

Attachments

johan77

finaly started to overhaul the brake system on my m275, no wonder that it wasn't working …. and checked the brake fluid, or what's left of it...in has a transparant color, and mixes with water so most likely it's DOT3 (when water added and after a bit shaking it is getting a milky color)
only getting worse, wat a discovery, the large spring came out broken in half, but my question is now if one of the 2 long springs included in the repair kit should replace the big one….one of the 2 should go in on the side were is the brake light sensor....somebody knows if the other long one from the kit replaces the big spring ???

Attachments

77 AMG

No, the big spring is it's own thing. Your booster is STILL much better looking inside then either of the two that I had to work with including the one off of the truck! I actually had to use a 2 Kg hammer to get the piston rod to start moving on one of the boosters, and the one off of the truck NEVER moved. Hopefully, you can hone out the air chamber on yours and be able to us it.

johan77

No, the big spring is it's own thing. Your booster is STILL much better looking inside then either of the two that I had to work with including the one off of the truck! I actually had to use a 2 Kg hammer to get the piston rod to start moving on one of the boosters, and the one off of the truck NEVER moved. Hopefully, you can hone out the air chamber on yours and be able to us it.
thanks, much better looking ?? wow than yours must have been really bad. Do you know if there is air on both sides of the big piston or only air on the end and brake fluid on the other side ? i also put the seal (the one that looks like a rectangular shaped textile rope) on the big piston rod and on the brass piston just around it without lubricating….is that okay ? or should i apply some grease ?

according to me it is only to keep the walls clean

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I added a small water trap on my air pack feed line. I might have a couple of air packs for parts if you need.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No just parts. Yea can look and see if I still have a long pack and yes on the spring. I will go to the farm tomorrow and look sea.

johan77

No just parts. Yea can look and see if I still have a long pack and yes on the spring. I will go to the farm tomorrow and look sea.
thanks, can you see if this is the right setup ? the only parts i'm not so sure off is the cup where the springs are sitting in and the rubber seal in front of it, because when turning the housing everything just slided out....offcourse…aua

Attachments

johan77

piston rod

almost done, did take apart the piston rod , cleaned and put back together with new seal, now waiting for the honing tool to give the cilinder where the piston is sitting a nice and smooth inner wall again, meanwhile i will clean out the airlines on the truck...when draining the air tanks besides a bit moisture there's also some black stuff coming with it, what looks like oil…..is it possible that the engine oil used for lubricating the pump is forced into the airlines somehow?

Attachments

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not certain but it seems likely. I notice the same thing from the tanks on my truck and the compressor is lubed from the engine oil supply so any blow by will end up in the air system.
This is true even with industrial compressed air systems and the water and oil is often removed thru the use of filters and dryers. The deuce does not have either of these standard to my knowledge.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a whole take out and don't know what shape it's in. Shipping the whole thing would bet is high. I can open it up if you just want the spring or any other small parts just pay shipping.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you did not want the whole thing. I don't remember taking this apart but some of the nuts were loose. Then no spring inside! I think I have one or two more air packs for parts and will look sea Monday. Sorry.

Attachments

johan77

however….the big spring, should it be there ? accidently i came up with a rebuild kit for the short style airpack and there i've seen is a large spring included but i'm not sure about the size of that one...so now i'm wondering if the long style airpack should have a spring inside there ? maybe a stupid question, just wondering....??

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry found one short pack and one 5 ton air pack in the parts trailer. Could not find the spring that came off the long pack so no spring from me.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks