• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1089A1 diagnostics help

Hey folks. I have a late 90s M1089A1 that is throwing a check engine light and derating when this happens. I have a DPAIII Plus and the software but am wary of trying to connect it to the truck as I don't know where to connect it. The kit has a lot of adapter cables and the ICE Interconnecting box but I would hate to fry something on the truck by not following proper procedures.

I see some folks offering A1 related software on CD/Thumb drive but with no understanding if this information is even in there I hate to pay for it if I don't need it.

Any advice is appreciated.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are in Ferris which seems to be the center of the trucking industry for the DFW area. I would call around to local diesel shops until you find someone with the E-T software that is willing to help you.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can plug in with a regular heavy truck diagnostic reader and get basic engine codes. The military has a laptop they can use for diag but the civilian code reader is quick and easy for most stuff. Bad batts, batt connections, low voltage of any sort cause issues. Some of those trucks have a filter box inline to the engine computer power that can be problematic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks