• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel tank filler strainer removal

FloridaAKM

Is this the inverted witches hat screen filter you speak of? The fuel cap comes off with a 1/4 turn & the inverted witches hat screen comes out of the tank till it stops. At that point, you turn the screen cartridge till the dimples line up & it then completely lifts free of the fuel tank. If I am in the wrong fuel tank, just ignore this post.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
On the 939s I use a monkey wrench against the lip and the threads. They do suck though on occasion

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just fyi that the first ones made were plain steel/iron that rust badly. 2nd generation are coated yellow zinc?
Learned that when I replaced mine. I also coated threads with anti seeze

FloridaAKM

Par normal, the OP was talking about a 5 ton truck, not a Deuce or even a genset fuel tank. Since my M-1081 threads on & off easily, I could not imagine it being hard to remove. Again, ignore the original post. :eek:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks