• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Data plate weight numbers

Nomad1

I have notice several different max weight amount for highway on M35a2 data plates. Can anybody shed some light on this? I seen 23,000 and up for numbers I think I have even seen 23,700. I can't read the data plate on my 1971 completely. I like the higher number:D so if anybody know where I get one let me know because today what it says is a big deal now unlike back in the day when you had a flat bed daully wrecker and they weren't trying tell you that camero on the back was to heavy.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have notice several different max weight amount for highway on M35a2 data plates. Can anybody shed some light on this? I seen 23,000 and up for numbers I think I have even seen 23,700. I can't read the data plate on my 1971 completely. I like the higher number:D so if anybody know where I get one let me know because today what it says is a big deal now unlike back in the day when you had a flat bed daully wrecker and they weren't trying tell you that camero on the back was to heavy.
A break down of the GVW for the various models (W/W , WO/W) of the M35A2 should be listed in the TM's ,most likely the -10 operators TM.

Nomad1

A break down of the GVW for the various models (W/W , WO/W) of the M35A2 should be listed in the TM's ,most likely the -10 operators TM.
Thanks I had not thought of that :idea: I will have to see what I can find over there and then maybe find a source for a data plate with matching numbers

Nomad1

So from what I found in the TM's it looks like 23,530 . So I'll have find a source that gives what rating that is going to be on the actual data plate your going to get. 23,700 still sound better:lol:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So from what I found in the TM's it looks like 23,530 . So I'll have find a source that gives what rating that is going to be on the actual data plate your going to get. 23,700 still sound better:lol:
Most of the time they round up to the nearest 500 pounds at the DMV. And the Shop Van models start over 15,000 empty and still have an on-road cargo capacity of 10,000 pounds, which makes them nudging the CDL territory. Flip side is on 'large trucks' the tag cost is 'weighted' on the maximum expected capacity. It might cost you a couple of hundred a year in tag fees for the extra GVW, unless you will be using it! You can always go back and have the weighted tag limit 'raised', but they will never allow you to lower it. Be careful what you ask for.

Nomad1

Most of the time they round up to the nearest 500 pounds at the DMV. And the Shop Van models start over 15,000 empty and still have an on-road cargo capacity of 10,000 pounds, which makes them nudging the CDL territory. Flip side is on 'large trucks' the tag cost is 'weighted' on the maximum expected capacity. It might cost you a couple of hundred a year in tag fees for the extra GVW, unless you will be using it! You can always go back and have the weighted tag limit 'raised', but they will never allow you to lower it. Be careful what you ask for.
Good point but for me it could be a friday and there could be oak in the back and I checked on the cost of the tags $200 for me so cheaper then tickets and being side lined. I'm going to convert to a dump and backpack toolbox on her at some point. Anybody know if the the A3 dropside beds bolt up to the A2?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks