• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clean out fuel tank

aztec

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel tank all gunned up what works to clean out sticky sludge inside 931-a2
will have to do both tanks removed pickup tube it was clogged up

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
About 10 or 15 gal of vinegar and fill it with the rest of the way with water and let it sit is what I do. I let it sit a day or two.

You can also just wash it out. It is a stainless tank so it wont rust with water. When you refill with fuel you should add some type of algae eats or preventer from Powerserv, Lucas, or howe's

Wash as much out with nozzle on a hose before filling it with vinegar/water

74M35A2

Remove tank. Fill with few gallons of E85 fuel (alcohol) and a few shovels of pea gravel. Roll tank around. Will look clean enough to perform open heart surgery when done.

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The E 85 will thin the gum, drain, repeat, spray out with more E 85 through a siphon spray gun and a long piece of brake line to reach back corners to avoid tank removal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks