Thread: Need info on repair shops near auction sites to get vehicle road worthy

Corporal
    Thanks

Default Need info on repair shops near auction sites to get vehicle road worthy

Hello,

I have been interested in getting a trailer or a van truck for some time from GovPlanet etc. My problem is these vehicles are often not road worthy in every details. Maybe a bulb is out, maybe a tire is flat, may be a mirror is missing, and maybe it needs a new air line that was cut. I don't bid for vehicles that needs too much work, and if trucks then the engine has to be running.

I am wondering if there are vendors located near the auction sites that will pull the vehicle out of the auction site, bring it to their shop, fix up these minor stuff to make it road worthy, and then I can find a truck driver or a truck to tow the trailer back home. The auctions sites I have found interesting vehicles are Yermo CA, Chambersburg PA, Lakewood WA, New Boston TX, and Sparta WI.

Sorry for this lengthy writing, and appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!

Nanlin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nanlin For This Useful Post:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior (07-21-2019)

I'm the dude, man! Steel Soldiers Vendor simp5782's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 3,339 Posts

Red river surplus is near the base at new boston

There is a member in the vendors section I believe that offered his services for the sparta yard
    Last edited by simp5782; 07-20-2019 at 21:29.
    2008 F-250 6.4L Powerstroke
    1979 AM General M920
    1984 AM General M915A1 (Big Cam III, HT3B Turbo, Brushless 24v Alternator with equalizer, A/C, Rear 20,000lb winch. 11R24 rear tires and 395s up front.)
    1984 AM General XM923A4 ( Big Cam III NTC-400, HT4B turbo, Intercooled, #10 button, Dual fuel Line setup - MRAP Aluminum Radiator - 7" Ram Air Intake system - Dual 115 gallon tanks - Air Conditioning - 145amp alternator - Puradyn Oil Bypass system, CAT 7155 16speed transmission, riding on 16.00 AT-3s on HEMTT wheels. )
    M923A1
    M931A2
    M1083
    M1078
    M796 Bolster
    M322 Equipment Trailer
    MEP-804A

901-318-8353 for Help in and or around the Memphis area or transporting in the southeast. Text me first before calling.

Tires (HMMWV, 395s, 1600s) and Transportation Vendor

Wes

Videos at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=5782simp

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd...D4dOJidPFnmYGA

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simp5782 For This Useful Post:

nanlin (07-20-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (07-21-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,787 Times in 2,745 Posts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkysplace For This Useful Post:

nanlin (07-20-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (07-21-2019)

4 Star General Retiredwarhorses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nanlin View Post
    Hello,

I have been interested in getting a trailer or a van truck for some time from GovPlanet etc. My problem is these vehicles are often not road worthy in every details. Maybe a bulb is out, maybe a tire is flat, may be a mirror is missing, and maybe it needs a new air line that was cut. I don't bid for vehicles that needs too much work, and if trucks then the engine has to be running.

I am wondering if there are vendors located near the auction sites that will pull the vehicle out of the auction site, bring it to their shop, fix up these minor stuff to make it road worthy, and then I can find a truck driver or a truck to tow the trailer back home. The auctions sites I have found interesting vehicles are Yermo CA, Chambersburg PA, Lakewood WA, New Boston TX, and Sparta WI.

Sorry for this lengthy writing, and appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!

Nanlin
    My company has the ability to recover rolling stock and have it transported to my shop in Northern Calif.
    I bid, buy and ship from the auctions monthly.
    shoot me a PM and we can talk, you aren’t far from me.
    Retired War Horses Restoration

"Where HMMWV's is All We Do"

A Veteran owned business

www.RetiredWarHorses.com

So many HMMWVs I lost count years ago....

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Retiredwarhorses For This Useful Post:

nanlin (07-25-2019), SCSG-G4 (07-25-2019), silverstate55 (09-07-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (07-25-2019)

Corporal
    Thanks

Thank you all for the plentiful of good information. Especially to Retiredwarhorses as we spoke candidly and he gave me guidance on shipping and repairing vehicles. I now understand buying MV is easy, getting it shipped and maintained is a different story!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanlin For This Useful Post:

silverstate55 (09-07-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (09-06-2019)