• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Change the passenger frame rail

Frost0071

Hello, I would like to change the passenger frame rail on my
1987 M1038 because I found some repairs on in and it just don’t look that nice anymore.

Can this rail be replaced with anyone out there? Does the
12K rails fit? Or do they have the mounting points on a different position? What
is with this rail PN/12469404-1 will that fit?

Thank you

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, I would like to change the passenger frame rail on my
1987 M1038 because I found some repairs on in and it just don’t look that nice anymore.

Can this rail be replaced with anyone out there? Does the
12K rails fit? Or do they have the mounting points on a different position? What
is with this rail PN/12469404-1 will that fit?

Thank you

there are several flavors of frame rails, 7700 GVW, 10.3k, 12k, W/O Sheppard steering gear, W/newer steering gear.
stick with a 7700 GVW rail. But to answer your question, all the holes are in the same spots, I just wouldn’t mix and match GVW rails.

aghumvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have new M998 humvee frame rails located south of Kansas City,MO. I think I have passenger sides but have to double check part number.
Let me know if interested.
Andrew

aghumvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The frames I have are:
Right Side
NSN 2510-01-440-5301
Part Number: 12469404

They are new in the crate painted black carc. Weight is 310 pds.

$150 each

Thank you,
Andrew

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks