• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request advice - HMMWV headlights

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am considering a custom fabrication/installation to use round HMMWV headlights on my M1028 CUCV. Because I have no experience with HMMWVs, I would like to know which TMs to download so I can see how the headlight buckets and adjustment ring/bezel go together. Has all HMMWV headlight mounting been the same throughout the model upgrades?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search LED headlight installation. There was a guy who made a video. You don't need to cut the things he cut, just look at how he disassembled.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Not sure this will work?? Somewhere 1979 - 1980 Chevy square truck bodies went from the round to the rectangle lights. Thinking (sometimes a bad idea) that the front 1970's bezel parts may work to switch it over to round. Not sure why one would want to go to that trouble for military style head light buckets. Load up a picture when done.

Could be a bright idea, CAMO

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've downloaded several HMMWV TMs and still cannot find the diagram of how the headlight bucket goes together.

Any help you guys can provide to steer me in the right direction will be appreciated.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watch this video:

https://youtu.be/zul5ZHPs8VA

He is converting to LED lights, but he pulls the buckets apart and re-assembles as part of the video.

This is what I suggested that you search for... Search here is difficult but always your friend.

Best,

T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks