• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing Question

4671 Hybrid

I'll reach out to Simp today and see what his schedule looks like, I wasn't sure if his upcoming August trip was set in stone. I hate dictating other folks schedules but if he has something planned for prior to the end of August and his circumstances change, would you be able pull it to Leesburg in August if it then turns into a 'move it or lose it' situation?

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll reach out to Simp today and see what his schedule looks like, I wasn't sure if his upcoming August trip was set in stone. I hate dictating other folks schedules but if he has something planned for prior to the end of August and his circumstances change, would you be able pull it to Leesburg in August if it then turns into a 'move it or lose it' situation?
Hey Les, Wes will get it to me and it will be fine here for whatever time til you get back. I have a few 50% tires here that hold air fine so I may just swap the leaker out.

4671 Hybrid

Hey Les, Wes will get it to me and it will be fine here for whatever time til you get back. I have a few 50% tires here that hold air fine so I may just swap the leaker out.
Thanks for carving out a spot for it to sit, I appreciate it. No need to swap out the tire, that should be my sweat that's taking the wheel off. Matter of fact, I'll bring the iced tea and chair so that you can sit, sip, and instruct while I do it.

4671 Hybrid

4671 Hybrid,
IF PB can set-up a few more weeks of storage and Simp can get to the truck the first half of August, THAT course of action would be best. I have a few reservations about towing the truck that I was willing to gamble on IF it was a move or lost situation. My first concern is obviously the tire that goes down over the course of a month. I'm worried if it has any sidewall damage and if it would hold out for 90 miles. Secondly, once it makes it to my yard the only method I have available to load is my M923 and a towbar. Simp and I have pushed stuff onto his trailer this way previously but it's a tedious and dangerous task. Where it's sitting they have access to huge rotator wreckers that could drop the truck directly onto Simp's trailer. Please take a day to sort this out and let me know by this evening if you've got a plan. IF it must be moved, I'm headed to Columbus on Saturday.
SandCobra,
Wrote with Simp and it looks like between his trip in August, your concerns about the tire, and the difference in loading between your place and PB's, it sounds best to leave it where it sits and only have to load/move it once. I appreciate your willingness though but like you said, this is probably the best course of action.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
View attachment 774199

Good news: Wes dropped it off this am and it almost started. I’ll play around with it when I get time but it’s in good safe long term storage now.
I fully intended to post a pic of my 50ton wrecker loading it on Wes's trailer but I forgot to take any pics until after I saw him going out the gate of my compound.:roll:

I never said I was smart....and I can prove it!!:papabear:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I fully intended to post a pic of my 50ton wrecker loading it on Wes's trailer but I forgot to take any pics until after I saw him going out the gate of my compound.:roll:

Don't worry PB, we believe ya, we really do!!

It didn't just "jump" up there, now did it? LOL

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

The thought of it being lunch time distracted you.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jumped it off and it runs nice. Batteries are SHOT so all kinds of electrical gremlins showing their face. I will try to get two good batteries setup in the future to see what happens. Lots of air leaks also, so it will need some TLC but its a good solid truck.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Jumped it off and it runs nice. Batteries are SHOT so all kinds of electrical gremlins showing their face. I will try to get two good batteries setup in the future to see what happens. Lots of air leaks also, so it will need some TLC but its a good solid truck.
OK....so any idea why the fuse/circuit box was open and looking "raped"?? Or was it just me being scared of new (to me) type vehicles and my phobia of electrical stuff?? One of my guys was gonna try to jump it off a long time ago but I was afraid of what might happen..... PLUS.... I didn't want to mess up a Brother's truck before he got to see it in person.:whistle:

I know....that sounds kinda woosey for an old RECONDO soldier who used to love to watch stuff burn and blow up....but my meds help alot now days so....LOL

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK....so any idea why the fuse/circuit box was open and looking "raped"?? Or was it just me being scared of new (to me) type vehicles and my phobia of electrical stuff?? One of my guys was gonna try to jump it off a long time ago but I was afraid of what might happen..... PLUS.... I didn't want to mess up a Brother's truck before he got to see it in person.:whistle:

I know....that sounds kinda woosey for an old RECONDO soldier who used to love to watch stuff burn and blow up....but my meds help alot now days so....LOL
Its all good PB. The FMTVs have a lot of unused slots in some variants. I really tried out of necessity to move it to a different location on the property with having to use other equipment. You did a great job keeping it safe, I'll take it from here until Les gets back safe and sound.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks