• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scammers trolling our site.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wasn't sure where to post this but, I've had two different scams coming from having Ads posted in the wanted section. One guy actually got my number called me and talked to me about the parts he had for sale. He said his father passed away and he had a surplus of the parts I was looking for. He knew just enough but it still seem like a scam. I took a risk and sent him some money for the parts which I felt like he may never receive. He did not disappoint me the number was disconnected and no parts ever received. Two days ago I received inbox messages from someone who started a new account and this is what the messages read. Not sure what we can do about this but thought I would post about my experience.

IMG_7810.jpgIMG_7811.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please pm me the phone number and any other information you have.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Day Tripper

I got a PM from that guy on Monday with almost the same wording in the message. Fortunately, it was an old parts wanted ad that I forgot to take down and I told him I found what I needed.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is also why you do not put your phone number on a post or thread. Keep it to a pm. Spoofing of my cell number caused me to change my number.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spoofing of my cell number caused me to change my number.
Please don't change your #s when this happens. Because it's by random draw. I get it on work/personal/other phone #s by chance all the time. Yea, it makes it a lot more of a pain in the butt, but it's happening to everyone.

Another Ahab

Please don't change your #s when this happens. Because it's by random draw. I get it on work/personal/other phone #s by chance all the time. Yea, it makes it a lot more of a pain in the butt, but it's happening to everyone.
So here we are, all together in the New Millennia:

Hang on, tight!

AAA.jpg

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what I have gotten in the last few days;

AT-1545 Allison core
Jonathan has AT-1545 Allison core that he wants to part out for a cheaper price but because i'm not in the state right now, i couldn't purchase it from him maybe you should contact it and see if he still have it for sale. Here's his email sonnhalterjon@gmail.com. He's in Ohio

--------------------------------

Hi Jonathon,

Chris Brumfield sent me your name on Steel Soldiers as maybe having an Alison 1545 that you may be parting out.

I have a friend that has helped me rebuild a couple and I thought if I could find another, when someone needs one, that I could exchange.

Please let me know if you still have a complete core.

Thanks,

Toby S
Rochester Indiana
------------------------------------

-----------------------

Hello Toby,

Thanks for writing. Sorry for the delay in response as I was busy with deliveries. I just got a chance to check my email. Yes, I have a Alison 1545 for sale original packaging for sale in excellent condition. I'm the original owner. Price is $500 shipped. I'm in Ohio and will ship via UPS.. Email me your complete shipping information.

Thanks
Jon

6029 Hardin RD

Brookpark, OH 44142
sonnhalterjon@gmail.com

------------------------------------

NOTE....THIS PERSON IS GOOD....HE SENT A FULL SET OF PHOTO'S OF THE ALLISON 1545 TRANNY.

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE....THAT WAS CLOSE....VERY CLOSE .

Note also that I used his email address so these are copy and paste of the email conversation that started as his reply to my ad.

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that a "thing", Floridanson?

Glad to know and get caught up, to help look out for anything dicey:

- What does it mean?
Scammers have technology to pump their phone call through the internet and arrive via a local open number, making caller ID think it's a local call. The FCC is cracking down on it after China started calling every man woman and child in the U.S. to try to get our CC numbers. If those callers, who were speaking Chinese to me, understand English, they learned some very choice words I usually reserve for when I'm telling Sea Stories from my Navy days...

And to the OP, I do not respond to zero post count messages, and do not put a lot of effort into replying to "interested buyers" of my listed stuff if they have low post count for the same reasons.

BDGR

m38inmaine

I received the same response in the last two days from my wanted ad saying to contact a person in Ohio, I never did as it smelled fishy.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This person has been very very busy here. I've banned their account, but I'm going to keep an eye on the IP and see what I can come up with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks