• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M997 generator help

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going by memory, ambulance had 100 amp generator, old style with piggyback regulator. Those are a bit hard to find. You can put a 60 amp in or go upgrade with the 200 amp units available now.

AAVP7

I think even early M997s had a 200 A generator, but the old one with the piggyback regulator, and only 24 volts voltage. But that´s also from memory..... ;-) However, about a year ago, I was at the same point, having to find the correct alternator, and a local dealer (Studentdriver) had both the early single-voltage alternator, and the newer 12/24 V one. I did a bit of research at that time what was genuine, and came up with the 200 A single-voltage one.

papakb

Unless you intend to run the resusitation pack (which is typically removed) the 60 alternator will do just fine. I've run one in my 996 for almost 20 years and have all the radio stuff installed.

AAVP7

That´s true for sure.

By the way: I never found pics or anything about the very resucitators used on an M997. Does anybody have more information about them ? Maybe NSNs or a manufacturer or type ? Would be more useless ballast, but I like genuine, but useless stuff.....

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an old style 100 amp with regulator, and a spare new regulator. available

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks