• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tent frame for#8340 00 7823 425

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The frames I have are all for the TEMPER tents. Same design as the 16x16 expandable but the arches are taller (temper tents are 16x20). The headers and purlins are the same, not sure how difficult it would be to shorten the arches up to work on the 16x16.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The frames I have are all for the TEMPER tents. Same design as the 16x16 expandable but the arches are taller (temper tents are 16x20). The headers and purlins are the same, not sure how difficult it would be to shorten the arches up to work on the 16x16.
We looked at doing it years ago and every part of the temper frame arches has to be taken apart shortened and new cuts for the eve and ridge purlin braces have to be made. The ones on the bottom of the truss is the only ones that don't need modifying. We ended up not doing it.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If it is the one for 599 in Texas, yes 16' x 16' Used Temper Tent Frame, Expandable Tent, Good Cond. Military Tent

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Willing to make a drive if anyone has one! Things seem impossible to find.
I only had complete tents left for sale at $500 both are spoken for. There may be a guy a lot closer to you https://www.thebunkerinc.com/ he used to run the D-Day adventure park, but sold it off and now has the store, just a couple miles N of the park. Dwayne used to have a lot of Temper and 16X16 frame pieces just piled around, as other have said, the purlins and cross pieces are the same but the artches are not! Temper come apart in 3 pieces and 16x16 lwf is just one piece that folds is a big M or W depending how you look at it.

FloridaAKM

The last tent frame & cover I sold went for $700.00 & the buyer took it home, put it in his rat infested barn & the rats ate holes in the fabric. He still has the frame & destroyed fabric part, but he will never sell it.

He bought it @ a meet & picked it up there with his trailer. Sad situation, but what people do with things they buy & pay for is not my concern.

Tylerellis24

I only had complete tents left for sale at $500 both are spoken for. There may be a guy a lot closer to you https://www.thebunkerinc.com/ he used to run the D-Day adventure park, but sold it off and now has the store, just a couple miles N of the park. Dwayne used to have a lot of Temper and 16X16 frame pieces just piled around, as other have said, the purlins and cross pieces are the same but the artches are not! Temper come apart in 3 pieces and 16x16 lwf is just one piece that folds is a big M or W depending how you look at it.
I have contacted the guy at the bunker he seems to think he has a expandable frame somewhere. He is wanting 500 for it? Is that a reasonable price? It seems to be a little steep to me. Also i want to make sure I’m getting the right one. The tent says expandable frame on it so is it the one that folds into the big M?056BABD4-BAD9-40FD-B240-61FAE0AEB6FB.jpeg

FloridaAKM

Your picture is the expandable frame tent. I have one setup in the back yard for 7 or so years now. There are several more of that type of tent & the MGPTS medium tents inside of that tent. They are all OD green except for one that is tan & never set up. It is still in the shipping crate that I got it in from GL.

These tent frames fold up & you have end bags that cover each end & straps the hold the frame pieces tight for shipping. Weight is 400 lbs for the tent & poles.

The expandable tents are a multiple packages of the frame with a one piece main cover & two end pieces that are mirror images. I mistakenly bought 7 brand new in the boxes end pieces that are stored in a 40' container so they are still in as new condition.

If someone lived a reasonable distance from me, I would sell one of these tents & meet them half way on a delivery if necessary. The expandable tent frame with one main cover & two end covers would go for $700.00. The MGPTS medium would be $1200.00 & these beasts are 18' x 36'.

Local delivery would be my only sales avenue as truck freight would equal the tent price. You can buy the expandable tent online from several dealers like US Military tents as new for $1500.00 plus shipping & shipping will be cheaper as they have established accounts with trucking firms. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The frame should consist of three "M" pieces, three cross pieces, and 10 purlins. To add a second tent, making it 16 x 32, you need another tent section, two more "M" pieces, two more cross pieces and 10 more purlins. To make them really nice inside you need the floor sections and the white liner, along with a roof fly and the commensurate standoffs, three for the center and six for the sides. Add a DRASH unit and you have a year round tent to live in!

Tylerellis24

The guy out of Oklahoma did not have any extra frames just tents. Would greatly appreciate if anybody had any other recommendations on finding a frame. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks