• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Technical Manuals, If you need it it's here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

papakb

If you need to know it, it's here!

EDIT, the original link from the OP is no longer valid (stuff changes yes?)

Here is a link from rolling18

Here is another wealth of information brought to us by papakb.

Welcome to the HMMWV Quick Reference Guide
Third Edition.
This book contains Digest Articles, PS Magazine Articles and SOUMs
that provide solutions to a variety of reported problems on the HMMWV.
These articles were published Aug 93 through Dec 96.
To use this guide, just determine the functional group code your
problem falls within and go to the index found on pages 2-19. The index is
grouped by functional group code and

And another great link from Mullaney

More from papakb

Last edited by a moderator:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you guys know this forum also has a TM section with the HMMWV manuals in it as well?

For A0/A1 and A2 series trucks (includes M1123 because it is an A2 series truck) all operator, maintenance, and parts manuals.

6.5L engine manuals

The 4th and 5th gen trucks (ECV and REV models) aren't in the above pages though, so have to find them elsewhere.
The -24 level of the manual has several versions. Not sure what the most current one is, but they all say "December 1997" on the front cover, and then have the updates pages on the inside. The one I have downloaded (and no idea where I got it from) is dated "30 JUNE 2009" and covers post 300,000 serial number trucks.

Here is the operator level manual

McSpeed

So where/how do we search this? The link is working - I found I need to get the process to remove/install the fuel lines at 9-2320-280-20 but I can't actually locate that TM process.

McSpeed

What fuel lines? There are several.
the ones that go from the pump to the injectors - I already got them off though - There was no way to get the valve cover out without them out of the way, and the only instructions I could locate in the manual were for the covers - which was after lines removed - but the intake had to come off too.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the ones that go from the pump to the injectors - I already got them off though - There was no way to get the valve cover out without them out of the way, and the only instructions I could locate in the manual were for the covers - which was after lines removed - but the intake had to come off too.
So not sure if you noticed all the info at the beginning of the instructions page in the maintenance manual, but here are a couple things to pay attention to.

In the yellow box it shows you all the different manuals you need to have available for accomplishing the job.

The red box shows what condition the equipment is in before you start the task. In the case of fuel injection line removal/replacement, you should have the intake manifold removed and the fuel injection pump boot removed.

Instructions for removing the intake manifold can be found section 3-17 of the same manual as this page came from

The other task has a different TM listed, so you would need to go to that manual before starting the process here.

example page manual use 1.jpg

When you go to the listed tasks in the equipment condition, you'll likely also see additional equipment condition tasks that have to be accomplished before starting them. It helps keep things happening in the correct order, as the tasks aren't numbered and if you do them in the incorrect order at minimum it makes the job more difficult, and at worst it causes damage enough to destroy things (worst case)

Not the most intuitive or efficient way to have a repair manual, but it saves a huge amount of paper to have each task separated and set up in sequences like this, rather than to keep repeating all the same information over and over for all the different possible repairs.

Vapor Trail

This is all so complicated and time consuming. Where do I find the manuals that pertain to the M1123? I don't need anything that pertains to engine or transmission. I clicked on the links but there's just a huge list of links and none say M1123. When I do find a picture of what I need there are no part numbers. I'm currently trying to find the hardware associated with my missing hood prop rod parts but over time I'll need everything else too.

Guyfang

Staff member
Maybe we should try and help you understand how properly use the TM? Its always a good idea to have the NSN and the model number off the data plate on your truck. There is also a data plate that tells you what operators TM to use. TM 9-2320-280-10 should be stamped on that data plate. Now, you go to the TM in the big list, and find in the back of the TM, in Appendix A, A compleat list of TM's for that truck. Those you should download. You will need them. On the cover of all TM's is a list of trucks that are contained in the TM. Had you opened some of the TM's up in the huge file, you would have seen that. Now, your next big step is understanding how to use the Parts TM's. The Basic truck has, I think just one Parts TM. TM 9-2320-280-24P. Its split up in two parts. 24P-1 and 24P-2 those are your truck TM. NOT engine. So, when you look at the cover page on the 24P-1, yes, you are going to be overwhelmed by the different models. So, once again, its good to have your model number from the truck data plate and the NSN. Open up the -24P and scroll to page # 33, (PDF number). Or TM page number page # 5. There is a list of Truck model numbers and UOC codes. UOC codes tell you what parts in the book fit what truck. If you do not heed the UOC, you will spend lots of money on things you do not need. The engine TM is split up into more or less the same way. The information will not jump out at you. You have to work on it.

Vapor Trail

OK, I'll try that. Thanks for your detailed description. The data plates are either missing or scratched up but I got UOC NNN off the internet for M1123 if that helps. The NSN number is 2320-01-455-9593 on the tag.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So ALL HMMWVs from the first three generations of trucks fall under the same set of manuals.

M1123 is a variant of the M998A2.

You will commonly see 2 sets of instructions in the manual, one for A0/A1 variants, and a different set for A2 variants and M1123.

The UOC of NNN is only for the parts manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks