• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004A Boken Injection Pump Shaft

Blazer8750

Acquired an 004A. Put fluids in it. Hooked up batteries. Cranked it over and BANG!!! The pump shaft sheared. Took the cover off the IP and found a mixture of rusty water and diesel in it. I confirmed the shaft is broke by removing the back and checking to see if the vanes turn when the engine turns. They do not.

What should I do now? Have injectors serviced and install remanned pump? Try to locate a shaft and rebuild IP? Part out this unit?

Thanks in advance for your advice?

Scoobyshep

had a similar issue with a 005. ended up replacing the pump and cleaning injectors. after that she purred like a kitten.

Guyfang

Staff member
Acquired an 004A. Put fluids in it. Hooked up batteries. Cranked it over and BANG!!! The pump shaft sheared. Took the cover off the IP and found a mixture of rusty water and diesel in it. I confirmed the shaft is broke by removing the back and checking to see if the vanes turn when the engine turns. They do not.

What should I do now? Have injectors serviced and install remanned pump? Try to locate a shaft and rebuild IP? Part out this unit?

Thanks in advance for your advice?

I would have the injectors serviced.

I will tell you that you can find IP's in the big auction site. Find out what one costs, and then ask a shop how much to rebuild yours. Decide.

If you go to someone to get your pump rebuilt, get a copy of the rebuild procedure from the -34 TM, and give it to the shop. NO, its not a standard pump. There are some adjustments that need to be made. If not, wont run right.

Take a picture of your IP before rebuild. The one you get back needs to look JUST like it. Some shops decide you don't need this little bit, or that little bit. And you do.

If you do pull the pump, read the -34 TM first. Time it right, before you pull the IP.

If you have water in the IP, you need to service the complete fuel system, starting with the tank. Its not hard to do. Its hard to do it right. If you want to sell it, or parts from it, I just might know someone you can talk to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks