• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1045a2 only two gears, limp mode?

2mas-

Hi,

I think my Hmmwv m1045a2 went into limp mode. It happend after the authorities had them at the brake rollers and triend the brakes. Noticed it will only shift to second gear. Tried Drive and Overdrive no difference

Any tips? Do you know how the transmission and transfer case should be set when the hmmwv is tested at the brake rollers? It was now in Overdrive and H on transfer case

The light on the transmission in the console lights up when put on the ignition but goes out after I start it, it has been like that since i got it, but I think that is how it should be?

The Oil level on the transmission is normal

Thank you

From 2mas-

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is nothing less fun than using a technical manual instead of months of trial and error.

Seriously, TM's are the way to go.

Remember, DISCONNECT THE BATTERIES prior to doing any electrical work!

2mas-

Thank you very much for answers

Can I just put a clip in A and E on the J2 port on the transmission box and turn the ignition on and the fault code will flash? Is in nescessary to plug out the glowplug box first?

From Thomas

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Order a new part and cross fingers? If I were here I would suggest taking it to a transmission shop, but over there it will be very difficult to find GM Hydramatic expert.

86sa

I took a H1 to several trans shops none had proper test equipment such as scan tool tech 2. I purchased a tech 2 and checked trans sensors brake sw tiss toss tps torque converter. All was well except tps. Unless trans shop has tech 2 and proper adapter run don't walk away. aammccoo wanted to replace trans after poking around for 4 hours and not finding anything definitive at $3600. TPS is 50.00.

86sa

Online auction site. Was 700.00 not a Chinese knock off. I needed it for multiple vehicles. Finding a shop with one would be the best solution even if you had to buy the adapter for humvee use. So much info is displayed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks