• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New country, new Goat

Sooooo, I may have done something many would consider insane.

No, not relocate to the US, although I have; I bought another M561.

Pics to follow when I’m on a desktop.

But more importantly, who lives on the route between LA and Augusta?

Old girl is getting a solid service and trip prep, but a little forward planning makes the cock ups less painful.

Spock

BTW, running Flagstaff, Pueblo, Wichita, Memphis as intermediate stops.

Hope I don’t have a Bugs moment with my directions at Albuquerque...

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the new wheels. I'm in the south east corner of Kansas, if you need anything on the way through.

SgtMajHarper

You can keep your spare parts at my place, my Goat will keep the rust off of them for you. Near Colorado Springs here, north of Pueblo.

Also last week I think there was another one for sale in western Colorado...you could tow it with you....just being helpful here.

Last edited:
SgtMaj, is that a request for me to tow some spare parts in for you?
A most generous offer, and I’m sure you’d keep the soft goods flexible through hanging on appropriate framework too. 😉

Spock

SgtMajHarper

I just thought that maybe since you just bought another one you might be in a buying mood and get another one. As far as taking care of extra gear and parts I'm from the government, I'm here to help!

Aussiecowboy

I've been putting a few road miles on my goat, even with the 12 ply DUWK tyres its very comfortable and pleasant on the road, it really likes to be at about 45mph. Get yourself some Bluetooth earmuffs.

Big thanks to Elijah95 for the float across from LA, arrived safe and sound in Senoia from whence it was picked up on an equipment trailer and hauled to Augusta.

Had half a chance to get sorted and over to Durhamtown, but it was not to be.

dmetalmiki

Fantastic looking goat, I sold ours, But it went 1000s of miles wi'out a 'blimp'.
Yours will simply go on, And on,...And on....and ...on.
'Tough as old boots'..Enjoy the trip,
we are following your every post.

'Wish I had another".....(I just......Might...(Sighhhs)).

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Big thanks to Elijah95 for the float across from LA, arrived safe and sound in Senoia from whence it was picked up on an equipment trailer and hauled to Augusta.

Had half a chance to get sorted and over to Durhamtown, but it was not to be.
It was the adventure of a lifetime! Thank you for the opportunity, and is that what was inside the hubs? [Horror]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks