• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil temperature sensor size

TShively

Looking to plug port on engine oil cooler on the radiator. Anyone know the size/thread pitch? Does not appear to be 1/8” NPT. Any info is greatly appreciated...thanks

TShively

Thanks, Yeah the port I’m working with is on the passenger side of the radiator (the engine oil cooler), pretty sure it’s where the engine oil temperature sensor once lived.

cucvrus

No that port is the port for the low coolant sensor. The CUCV never had an oil temperature sensor. Just an idiot light and that pulled the signal from the left rear of the engine block tight up against the firewall. Drivers side left. Good Luck.

Barrman

I did misunderstand. You just want to plug the sensor hole in the radiator? Just buy a 1985 K30 6.2 coolant level sensor and be done. They are cheap.

If you want to have an engine oil temperature gauge. The best place to put the sensor is on the side of the block above the oil cooler ports above the oil filter.

cucvrus

Heater hose delete cap? How do you put a heater hose delete cap into a female hole in the radiator. The 3/4" nipple sticking out of the radiator is for a 3/4" pice of rubber heater hose and runs to the heater core on the right side of the firewall. Do you have any pictures so we can all get on the same page?

nyoffroad

Very well, if it’s just coolant I will put a heater hose delete cap over it. Thanks for the help
I don't think I'd do that! To much chance that it would blow off or spring a leak and being that low on the tank you'd be out of coolant real quick, best to plug it with a plug or the sending unit that should be there and should work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks