• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White MTV burning side of road

coachgeo

video posted on Facebook. with following information...

Glenn Highway, on the hayflats going TO Anchorage. Driver is ok and unharmed. 10:00pm

Have not been able to find same video on Youtube. Happened only day(s) ago? (20th?) Does not appear to be Duckworthe's. Does not appear to be TwoIfbyOverland. Both have something on cab roof and truck on fire did not. Both also have different grills. Burning one had I think and expedition box on back though it might have been troop canvas... buttt.. front looks too square for that.

anyway..... for those on facebook...... see https://www.facebook.com/groups/1647003668919628/permalink/2509268306026489/

either way sad to see her burning away. Some guess it a rear brake fire.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could that be an M1090 dump? I think I see a dump body through the smoke, but maybe I am mistaken.

coachgeo

Good call BKubu and porkysplace... new updated info reportst that is exactly what it was. Here is what Joe Goodnuff saw as he drove by it today

Joe Goodnuff said:
I just drove by it today. Appears to me to indeed be a heated brake issue on the center axle that caused the fire. Truck was loaded pretty heavy, about 10 yards of gravel. Its a shame, Ive not seen another 1094 in civilian hands.
another reported that there was heavy black tire marks from locked up brakes too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks