• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battle short function 802

fa35jsf

What faults will the Battle Short switch override?

The reason I’m asking is I tried to start my generator with a low fuel fault (don’t ask why, I have good resining) and it wouldn’t even crank. Tried the battle short and it still wouldn’t crank.

So of course I had to add fuel to get the machine to crank.

I haven’t had the time to go through the testing procedures in the TM for the battle short switch, but will that switch even override the low fuel fault?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The battle short overrides ALL faults. If you are trying to diagnose a no fuel light, what you do is get the machine cranking and while its cranking, flip the battle short up. If its really got fuel (false positive fault), it will take off. It just wont start with the battle short already up.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
and if you have a fault light, you of course need to clear it first or it definitely will not crank.

fa35jsf

Oh ok. See I was trying to start with battle short already engaged and without clearing the fault

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let us know if it starts after doing both actions. That battle short is a nice little diagnostic tool for things just like this.

fa35jsf

Well the reason I was trying to use it was to use as much fuel out of the tank as I could before I pull the tank to do maintenance on it.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Silly question, but do you know there is a fuel drain on these machines? Could empty the tank without ever turning it on.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...The battle short overrides ALL faults...
All faults except a Short Circuit fault.

A tip provided by the all mighty MEP Guru Guyfeng..
How to start with Battle Short "ON".
AKA How to start with fault(s) that prevent it from starting and running normally.
Hold the fault indicator reset in, and hold it in,
then turn S1 to the start position. The engine should start.
Then flip the S7 to the up position, and let the reset button go.
The gen set should run, and and faults will be displayed.

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

NOTE;
If you are going to clean the tank.... You certainly do not want to put all the bottom crude thru the filter, lines, and injectors.

Drain it all out. mess or not. Drain it all out and clean the tank good.

If, that is not the case, fill with diesel and carry on.

Last edited:

fa35jsf

Howdy,

NOTE;
If you are going to clean the tank.... You certainly do not want to put all the bottom crude thru the filter, lines, and injectors.

Drain it all out. mess or not. Darin it all out and clean the tank good.

If, that is not the case, fill with diesel and carry on.
I cleaned the crap out of the bottom of the tank when I first got the machine. What happened is I had some untreated diesel go bad and a sticky waxy substance covered everything inside the tank including the fuel probe and floats. Honestly I’m surprised the machine still runs because it had to have gotten in the filters. Oh well, I plan to replace those too. But there isn’t any particulate on the bottom of the tank.

Chainbreaker

I cleaned the crap out of the bottom of the tank when I first got the machine. What happened is I had some untreated diesel go bad and a sticky waxy substance covered everything inside the tank including the fuel probe and floats. Honestly I’m surprised the machine still runs because it had to have gotten in the filters. Oh well, I plan to replace those too. But there isn’t any particulate on the bottom of the tank.
I found that Acetone quickly dissolves that "sticky waxy substance" VERY easily. Although be very careful what you use Acetone on, it may not be compatible with some non-metallic materials (Floats, etc.). It works fantastic in the metal fuel screens in MEP003a/002a in the fuel tank inlet screen. Often times when you lift out those tank fill screens the fuel just dribbles out the bottom due to that sticky waxy substance clogging the metal screen in bottom. Put it in a tray/cup of Acetone for 30 seconds swish it around and problem gone!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks