• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This is It

beehumvee

Dear Friends,

I can finally present my Lady. First of all, say thank you to all the people in this forum, particularly to all that have helped me, with out you it couldnt have been possible. Here it is. I have now several questions, could anydoby tell something about is background? whats about the fender and rear numbers? There is also a missing sticker, which I think it is the warning light one, Isnt it? where can I bought it?

There is also some missing parts, that I cant identify, one is close to the wipper motor, in the windshield, other one is in the rear right seat, other one is close to the batteries compartment. and the last one is around a cable. there are pics of all them, any advice of that missing parts?

I am very happy with this truck it is a nice and cryspi one!

Thank you again

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
132 quartermaster company Puerto Rico National Guard

Edit: incorrect, should be as in post #4.

Last edited:

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, obviously passed through the Maine National Guard rebuild in April 2002, which included reapplication of the CARC. Enjoy your new vehicle!

Actually, I find the 132nd Quartermaster Company to be part of the North Dakota National Guard? The 714th QM Company is based in Puerto Rico.

FKAM

There is also some missing parts, that I cant identify
one is close to the wipper motor, in the windshield,

LS-671 Speaker Mount.
DSC00896post.JPG

other one is in the rear right seat,

Non-standard/authorized modification...regular civilian lock hasp.

other one is close to the batteries compartment.

First Aid kit.

and the last one is around a cable.

What is missing is a standard bulkhead cable pass-through grommet and holder. Grommet comes in various hole configurations depending on what cable(s) are passed through.
DSC00894post.JPG

Sticker on mine. Other versions are used.
DSC00893post.JPG

any advice of that missing parts?

Everything is available at the standard sources, ePay, Mac Motors, HPG, Mil Surplus (FA Kits), and others.

Fixing and modifying is half the fun!!

Last edited:

beehumvee

Dear NDT, thank you very much for your information. How do they do it? Do they paint the fenders in white, and then they paint the markings on? I ask this because i would like to have it as it was in the national guard. What should I do? On the left front fender there is a white sticker close to the 004, do I remove it? How? There is also another white sticker on the hood, any idea of its pourpose?

So it was servicing in the 132nd Quartermaster Company in the North Dakota National Guard wasn't it?

Thank you very much also Trailboss for your information.

Thanks also to you Fkam for all your info. To install the cable grommet should i remove the cable? Where can I find the warning light sticker and a correct first aid kit?

Thank you again, i am enjoying the humvee onlyvthe weekends and not all ones! And not in the street, only in the farm, till i get the plates!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The army has been using sand color spray paint to paint rectangles on green trucks and then stenciling the unit markings on as they see fit. That painted over decal appears to be the DTID sticker which is useless, scrape it off.

FKAM

To install the cable grommet should i remove the cable?
The grommet has a slit in it and the holder splits open so you do not need to do anything with the cable just place the grommet and holder around it and bolt it down.

Where can I find the warning light sticker and a correct first aid kit?
I have seen both the sticker and first aid kit on ePay and surplus sites. Did a quick search on the internet and only found this one site in Germany for the sticker but they pop up all the time on ePay.

http://www.reforger.de/en/decals/191-us-military-truck-decal-wait-light.html

I didn't find any first aid kits with a quick search but this one on a military only purchase site is the one that fits. Once again they pop up occasionally on ePay and other surplus sites.

https://www.armyproperty.com/nsn/6545-00-922-1200/first-aid-kit-gp-rigid-vehicular

Just a note on the first aid kit bracket you have. I haven't seen one mounted there for a long time. The military decided that the battery compartment with all it's gasses and acid was not a good site for a first aid kit and we were directed to move them. There are multiple other locations to mount them. Do a search on "HMMWV first aid kit" on this site and others and you can see the other locations. Also the TM's are a good reference for determining what goes where, even the stickers are described in the TM's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks