• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a water buffalo, M107A2 I think. What do I need to pull her home?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Had a look at what seems to be in the locking pin hole and its a rolled up piece of paper,...

Looks like a document relevant for the trailer maybe.

I'd say the reason the landing gear isn't down is because whoever parked it there was just to lazy to use it.

Great trailer.

Aussie.

cogniz55

Ahab, it's finally purpose remains undiscovered. I have a few rabbit holes possible. May use the tank, off the trailer. Then the trailer for something else (thinking overland camperish), leave it on the trailer for water storage, or turn around and sell it.

cogniz55

MadDawg...tons of wisdom in your post. Predicated on having a trailer that would hold the trailer! My little landscape trailer would struggle.
What I've drawn from this thread, and thank you to all that have offered perspective, is be prepared and go slow. So I will.
I've done some roadside repair before (up hill, both ways, in the snow, barefooted) so I'll bring a kit hoping I won't need it.

cogniz55

2019-08-06 14.22.38.jpg2019-08-06 14.22.49.jpg2019-08-06 14.23.00.jpg
UPDATE...round trip to pickup complete!
Thank you all for your guidance. Pickup was a breeze.
The Albany, GA location is a huge yard outside of the Marine Logistics base there. So no gate check, etc. My phone contact, Billy, was quick and professional. He met me at the trailer with a forklift and in about 30 seconds had it loaded on the hitch.
I proceeded to tape up everything, as instructed. Mounted and taped the lights. Tested them. Then got the compressor out and Billy told me I could use their shop air. Both tires were right around 12 p.s.i.
He also offered anything I might need if it helped, tape, tools, etc. Very helpful.
Because of your guidance, I came fully prepared. The trailer is in great shape. Some minor interior rust on the stainless tank.
Also, the landing gear was fully functional..I'd guess more convenient to use the forklift.
After about 3 miles, stopped to check the hubs for heat...cool as can be.
An easy 4 hours and I'm home.
So again, thank you gentlemen!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks