• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2019 Fall Rausch Creek Rally

Lukes_deuce

Hey Everyone I spoke with Rausch Creek and found a quiet weekend for the Fall Rally.

We will be having the rally Friday 10/25 to Sunday 10/27 at Rausch Creek Off Road Park.

Rausch Creek Offroad Park
453 Molleystown Rda
Pine Grove,PA 17963

Coordinates:
N40° 36.5074'
W76° 26.9170'

Rausch Creek offers the following...

• On site primitive camping.
  • 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and hard trails. We stick to the easy ones due to the size of our trucks.
  • Trails can accommodate MVs of all sizes, shapes etc.
  • Alcohol is permitted after wheeling for the day.
  • Most of the group will hit the trails for the day. You are welcome to stay at camp until the group returns.

Rausch Creek's website has info including rules, camping info, lodging info and a FAQ. Please visit their site here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

To ride in the park one or two forms must be filled out. The forms are a requirement from Rausch Creek. You may fill out the forms in advance or when you arrive. Download them from here if you wish - Rausch Creek Membership

What you can expect...

• A good time with MV enthusiasts, friends, camping, beverages and most importantly offroading!
  • For information on the off road park, please see -

• We'll hit the trails at 9:00 AM on Saturday. If everybody is up and ready, we will go earlier. Please be paid, signed up and ready to go before 9AM Saturday. Pack a lunch, as we will be out for the day and will take a break to around Noon. At the end of the day we'll take a group photo by the rock crawling area.

What you need to do...

• Get your vehicle ready. I selected a date nice and early!
  • Sign up! - If you are interested sign up for the event on this thread and include the following information...

• The MV or MVs you are bringing.
    • Date of arrival.
    • State if you are camping and the number of people in your group.

• Let us know how you can pitch in. Tell us if you can offer assistance by bringing something to help out, organize, etc... From reading past threads I've seen folks offer the following...

• A Generator.
    • Firewood - PLEASE BRING SOME FIREWOOD
    • Early arrivals to reserve space on Thursday.

We usually set up camp, on the right side of the parking lot just as it opens up. This is a free event so all military vehicles are welcomed. Do not bring your modified jeep or trail rig, as you will be disappointed with the trails the group will go on. Depending on the amount of vehicles, we can split up and have the groups go on varying difficulty of trails. Any questions, post on here and hope to see you in October!

Any questions, post on here or PM me.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I don't plan on missing it this time.
Been real busy lately - will get back to you soon.
October date leaves me plenty more time to get work done on the truck.

Lukes_deuce

will this be stock m1008 friendly?
Hey Hahn,

Yes stock CUCVs are great for this trip. We have had stock CUCVs on previous rallies and they always have a good time. There are easy ways around the harder/deeper obstacles. Or if you want to test your truck's limits, you can bury the truck but its all up to you!

Lukes_deuce

1 MONTH TO RAUSCH UPDATE!

As of now, I have 6 trucks confirmed for the trip and about 4 to 5 maybes. Two 5 tons will wheel Rausch on Friday and Saturday, and the remainder of us will arrive Friday evening and wheel Saturday.

I will be arriving Friday afternoon.

Also, I have been asked about the trails. We stick to the easier/larger trails on the property. The hard trails are very tight and rocky, so we stay away from those. Any stock military vehicle can make it on the trails we run. There are by-passes and ways around a hard obstacles on the easier trails. YOU can dictate how crazy you want to get. We have buried 5 tons on some trails and other times never got stuck. It all depends on your comfort level.

Any questions, let me know!

Lukes_deuce

Another update.

Guess my posting on here and facebook has gotten around. We have atleast 10 trucks coming now, of all shapes and sizes.

Please post up if you are planning on coming and with what vehicle. I have to give a head count to Rausch the week before.

Dattbigx

And you don't have to worry we will have plenty of power as well as straps to pull you out our through anything you want to try and if you don't want to try anything thats ok too we just want to have FUN.

Lukes_deuce

One week to the Rally! Finish up those last minute projects on the truck! Also if you have a CB radio, please bring it with you. Its nice to have communication between trucks while on the trail. Makes it much easier than running back 1/2 mile before you realize someone got stuck or needs a hand.

Any questions or thoughts, let me know!

Lukes_deuce

Ive been in contact with Rausch Creek and they asked me to pass this information along:
Also we camp in Area B

The camping at the park is primitive and included with your wheeling fees.
It is located adjacent to our day parking lot. There are porta-potties,
picnic tables, and firerings.

The driveway is open Fri-Sat nights so you can arrive whenever. In the
morning you will come up to the office to get checked-in and take care of
any membership requirements.

When you come through the driveway, you will see that camping is to the
right. I've attached a picture showing the layout of the camping. Area
A is for single vehicles and truck/trailers. Area B is for single
vehicles and truck/trailers, however, the end of Area B narrows down a bit
and should be used by single vehicles. Area C is for truck/trailers and
RVs. Area C has been pushed back further into the grass. Our staff is
trying to keep that area cleared of rocks and be able to mow it regularly.
We need members to not bring rocks for whatever reason into the grassy
area. Park head first rather than parallel parking.
CAMPING MAP (1).jpg You can find us in Area B

The camping rules are posted throughout the camping area, however, we
continue to experience a lack of cooperation from some of our patrons so I
will repeat some of the rules here: Do NOT move the firerings or picnic
tables around. Do NOT leave your campfire unattended and put it out
completely anytime you leave your campsite (we have had bears come into
camp and disrupt things, so please put your fire out completely and do not
leave food out). Do NOT use your firering as a trashcan for bottles,
glass, cans, and other unburnable items. Burning of pallets is
prohibited. There are two dumpsters located along the tree line in the
parking lot you can use to dispose of your trash. We have firewood for
sale (self-service after hours) up at the office, as well as an ice
machine (open only during office hours).

Take note of what site you are in (there are tags on the picnic table or
on a tree). When you check-in to go wheeling you will need to give that
info to our staff.

If we find later that your site was left behind with trash, vandalism, or
glass, etc. left in the firering everyone registered with that campsite
will lose future camping privileges. If you are part of a group that is
not following the rules and you do not want to be associated with their
bad behavior, then report it to the office.

Also, we have been asked by the local township supervisors to ask our
members to please observe the 35 mph speed limit on Molleystown Road.

Ajax MD

Great shots, looks like a really good time. Was that mud hole a choice or do you have to go through it?
No 809's I see. Obviously I'll have to get my truck in shape so I can represent! I'd really like to visit the top of that mountain you guys are on.

Lukes_deuce

Great shots, looks like a really good time. Was that mud hole a choice or do you have to go through it?
No 809's I see. Obviously I'll have to get my truck in shape so I can represent! I'd really like to visit the top of that mountain you guys are on.

No 809 series trucks this time. I used to have an 813 and brought it to rasuch before. The 923a2 in the mud hole is me. It's by choice. Never seen any vehicle make it through there without help and it was rather dry this time!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks