• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hummer H1 emblems on an M998

NCarolinadawg

Hello,
I have a white painted M998 and have put one emblem on it so far, the HUMMER emblem on the left front hood like is on the H1 Civilian Hummers. Yes I was enlisted and am a Gulf War vet but I have a lot of accessories on it so I am not trying to keep the army look obviously. So with that being said, this post is to ask to see what others have put on their M998's emblem wise, or blast me by saying this is taboo? I REALLY want to put the "H1" emblem on the sides and wonder if others have done so? I know the H1 is technically I guess the civilian hummer, but everyone that sees my truck always call it an H1, even after looking at the inside, the regular everyday Joe on the street has no idea what is and is not an H1 so I am thinking, why not?

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck yes once you have gone down the civi path sure I would H1 it up. Not like a future owner 50 years from now couldn’t take them back off if they wanted pure mil.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not? Your truck, emblem her up..........................might make it less hassle to with others who aren't familiar with the MV version VS the civilian version.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These trucks were only known as Hummers from 1992 until 2003. Once the H2 was produced the original somehow became the H1. So technically no truck before 03 would be an H1. However it’s your truck so do what you want.

BLK HMMWV

Why even ask .
It's your truck.
If you want to call it a H1 or even a HUMMER H1 go for it.
It's doesn't remotely even look like a M998 anymore.
Your about at the stage of spinners and a Momo steering wheel and some ground effect lighting.
Have fun with it. it's your $$$

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for your service, and do what makes you happy. Then pass the vehicle on to your kids as part of your legacy.

There are some purists, and there are some who want to restify, and others who want to go all out. Some here participate in military parades (Juan Prado for one). Others have posted about using their HMMWV's as farm vehicles. Still others go all out off-roading. I open the turret up and let my kids shoot their friends with water guns, but I also have used it to help pull people out of trouble on sand and snow.

When you close your eyes and think about your HMMWV, what do YOU see and what do YOU want to see?

FYI - As far as mandatory upgrades... If you're gonna park on the beach, you need a surfboard sticking out of the rear.

[BLK, You forgot to mention the booming stereo system, white wall tires and air suspension.]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks