• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 volt generator and regulator

1951m37

Good Morning everyone. Question. Has anyone had the 24 volt generator and voltage regulator on a M37 rebuilt to put out 12 volts? I am thinking of changing mine to a 12 volt system. If this can be done at a decent price it would still look stock. also, does anyone know how much end play the 24 volt distributor shaft should have? I can not find a spec for it in the manual that I have. Wishing everyone a blessed day.

GUNNY 155

Have never seen any one try this, I doubt if it is possible given that the system is such a specialized unit of limited production. When I restored mine I stayed with all the mil spec stuff and have never had a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks