• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

932A2 Tractor Air in fuel system

AKHeli

Hi Everyone, I am new to the site and new to military vehicles. I now have a 932A2 tractor and a deuce and half which I am using in the Alaska Bush to build a lodge. I bought the tractor a couple of months ago and had trouble starting it twice before which I dismissed and low fuel in the tanks. Now that I have it in the middle of no where it would not start. By purging the return lines and the pump it will start but if it idles very long it dies. Also if I shut it off for an hour it wont restart. Obviously its getting air from somewhere and the problem seems to be the same no matter which tank its on.
Does anyone have any suggestions, the fuel valve perhaps?
I have put hose clamps on all lines back from the pump but have not touched the valve system yet. I also changed both fuel filters.
Thanks, looking for someone with more experience than me.
Hank

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Try taking the top fitting off of the lift pump. I recently had one that the elbow was cracked. Would run and wouldnt leak but would suck air. And didnt know it till I tried to remove it and it snapped right off with a wrench. The lift pump primer button can suck air as well.

AKHeli

Just giving everyone a heads up, I got her going again. I was able to rebuild the fuel selector with O-rings from my excavator. Thanks to all that chimed in.

Hank

71DeuceAK

Hey Hank!
Glad to hear you got her going. Unrelated but where in the state are you located? I'm in Port Alexander and went to UAF up in Fairbanks. Actually had two different M939 series truck owning roommates up there.

snowtrac nome

I was wondering where you were at I'm out in Nome, Just a little more remote than you are. Here are some pics from the job site the other night had to use an atv for access the ground was just too soft for the lmtv.had to re code the injectors on the excavator 20190810_210029.jpg20190728_210242.jpg

71DeuceAK

Hey Hank and Don, I occasionally find myself in Fairbanks. If you guys ever want to go grab lunch, etc I can let you know when I'll becoming through. PM me if you like, don't want to hijack this thread LOL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks