• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 Volt Conversion

YatYas1833

Good Evening,

I recently acquired an m1008 with this 12v conversion done (see attached). I'm unfamiliar with the method of keeping both batteries and alternators on a 12v conversion. Does anyone know how this functions? The links to all20190804_145913.jpg20190804_145918.jpg20190804_145858.jpg the 12v conversions i've found are broken and do not work.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Evening,

I recently acquired an m1008 with this 12v conversion done (see attached). I'm unfamiliar with the method of keeping both batteries and alternators on a 12v conversion. Does anyone know how this functions? The links to allView attachment 772383View attachment 772384View attachment 772385 the 12v conversions i've found are broken and do not work.
Welcome to SS , this is the only common 12v conversion , click on the white box in post #1 of this thread to open the file .
CUCV - Rosscommon 24v to 12v Conversion

YatYas1833

Thanks, that link in the next thread you lead me too doesn't work. Can you give me the skinny on why keeping both batts and alts is better than not?

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The link works. You don't have to keep both alternators. They are 100 amp so if you keep both your charging is 200 Amps. It will help if your running a lot of electric accessories.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, that link in the next thread you lead me too doesn't work. Can you give me the skinny on why keeping both batts and alts is better than not?
Click on the white box in post #1 , then open it with your word program.

This is a screenshot of what to click on

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks