• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Favor to Ask on Brake Master Cylinder Size

ADKM1009

Hi folks, so this weekend’s project involves replacing all my brake lines. Ordered a full set from Inline Tube. I have the Motive Power brake bleeder for my cars but need to get the appropriate adapter for the M1009. Problem is Motive Power sells two sizes for 80s GMs and I am 250 miles away from the truck. One is model #1105 which fits master cylinders reservoirs up to 3.75” x 6”; the other is model #1115 which fits master cylinder reservoirs larger than that. Anyone have a Motive Power bleeder and know which adapter I need, or failing that able to throw a tape measure on the reservoir? Need to order this in the next day or so. Thanks!!!

ADKM1009

Well, to make it easier Motive Products says I need the 1105 if the reservoir is cast iron and the 1115 if the reservoir is plastic. Anyone know offhand what the reservoir is made of? Thanks.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not bad but I'm still running into problems with maintenance that was conducted before I bought the truck. Lots to clean up to put her back to what she should look like. Someone before me didn't paint by the numbers.

Barrman

I have used Motive screw on adaptors for other vehicles and love their products. I have not used their adaptor for the Chevy. I have though used several different Snap-On adaptors which look exactly the same and they all leak. 2 chains just don't disperse the clamping enough. Read the reviews on Amazon. Either use it with the power bleeder with no fluid in the tank or go nuts with C-clamps and quick grips followed by doing a dry PSI test before put fluid in.

ADKM1009

Funny you mention that. I was thinking there was no way those chains would hold a seal. Fortunately I have a good selection of clamps!

ADKM1009

And do you all 15 of those trucks right now or is that a list of everything you have owned over time? Very impressive either way!

Barrman

Well, 5 of them are trailers. But, yeah. I still have all of them plus a few sports car type things. My wife says I am a sick, sick, sick man.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks