• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

swingfire heater parts needed

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey gang,
I have a German swingfire heater in my shed leftover from my 404 Mog days. I would like to get it working for other MV uses. My spark plug is missing. The HMMWV Arctic Kit parts manual lists a NSN and a PN, but I couldn't find a civilian cross-over. I figure it is metric. Maybe a small euro car plug would work?

Also, I am looking for the cable that goes from a NATO slave receptacle to the Swingfire heater. I could make one if I could find an end that would work on the heater.

Thoughts?

I'll have a look to see what parts of the 5 water trailer Swingfire's I have left on the shelves remain. Up until 2 months ago I had the displeasure of trying to locate and repair these 5 for a field exercise this week past and found there are a few parts that are no longer available through our supply chain. Whatever I had in spare parts and/or heaters was to be used for repair for as long as possible. Well those repairs ended as soon as a good friend at another unit told me the NSN for a new water trailer heater kit that is in the process of replacing our Swingfire system in Canada. So I will check out the locker on Tuesday. Obviously, some parts will return to the supply system, but others would be tossed out due to the heater's replacement. I check the scrap metal bin frequently.....

Mike_Pop

I've got a new in the box Swingfire for sale. Comes with the turbo heater too. $200

Chris, I know you can get the manual for the heater online. I would have to do some research to find the web site.

Had a look today at the Swingfire's. Attached are photo's of the plugs, original and recent replacement alternative. The alternate one is the Bosch and it's NSN is 2920-12-311-0972, Civ. part WR7AC. According to our supply guy's, it cost about $2.17.....I would think it's available at an auto parts supplier in your area. Oh yeah - it is metric of course.
As for the plug assembly I have 2 on the shelf. One is definately shop built and uses a slave cable end with the wire to the push on adapter at the handle plug. The other is the same style push on adapter but has the wires ending with alligator type post connectors. Not sure if it is factory, but it looks it. I forgot the cable's at work so no picture's of the ends. I'll get them tomorrow and check the availability of the push on plug.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Evilone!!! I will check the local auto parts place for the spark plug. I hope your supply guys have a good source for the connector. It looks pretty unique. I appreciate your efforts. I can't wait to get this thing fired up for the first time.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wanted to bump this back to the top. Evilone, did you ever find any more information out about the power plug for the heater?

Anyone else? At least I have a spark plug for it now.

Wolf.Dose

The WR7AC is a coding for the type of the spark plug used only by Bosch. 7 the the heat range, the last C is for Copper core. The classical destination is a W175 T1, were T1 stands for the tread length, 175 is the heat value. So it is just a classical spark plug. And most of the civilian american plugs are also metric. The treat is M14.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks