• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS 6.2 cylinder heads

cucvrus

That looks like a deal to me. I have a set still in the crates and would not consider selling them for that. I will use them as extras till someday. That day may never come. But I got that going for me. Which is good. You should buy them. I paid $550. to get 1 set rebuilt. Those are NOS. Deal.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, I was hoping you would reply. I have enjoyed following your posts since 2010. Even if my original heads are not cracked this would still seem like a better way to go. All the posts I have read have not mentioned these head were available. I am assuming these might be a new listing and may not last long? Maybe I should pull the trigger sooner than later. Thanks cucvrus.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm waiting for a quote from Eastern now. I was thinking shipping would be high. From east coast to west coast won't be cheap I'm sure.

cucvrus

Even if the shipping is $200. it is a deal for new heads. Buy new complete 6.2 heads. Those are complete heads ready to install for $1000. . Sounds like a deal to me if I needed them. Easy get $500-$600 in rebuilding them completely. Good Luck. Those look like the newer style heads. I would say a Good Deal.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agree. I needed confirmation. Thanks. When I get ready to install I am following your advise on installation from other posts to the T. I appreciate the good advice you give cucvrus.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After putting more thought into these heads and looking at the parts manual I believe these heads are right side only?

cucvrus

After putting more thought into these heads and looking at the parts manual I believe these heads are right side only?
Yes as stated both left and right heads are completely interchangeable. Only the sending units and cover plates require changing. It is a good deal at $1000. They are brand new. Good Luck.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for your clarification on the heads. I was trying to visualize flipping them around and I thought the cover plates would be wrong but all that needs to be done is flipping them around. Thank you for your help and explaining this to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks