• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in W-NC

Silence Dogood

Howdy Folks. I'm a new member here, always been a fan of the military and their vehicles, and decided I should sign up when I found this site.

I'm 20 years old out of Western North Carolina, and unfortunately don't any MVs for myself (yet). I think I'm going to have to get myself an M35 Deuce and a Half at some point. I would love to get to know some folks that live in the area, as I'd love to get a chance to drive old military vehicles. I unfortunately can only live vicariously through my grandfather, a Vietnam vet who spent most of his time fixing up the old trucks there.

From what I can tell the site is full of military enthusiasts, as well as plenty of nice and courteous people. I look forward to browsing through the forums!

Last edited by a moderator:

Silence Dogood

WNC Members?

Hello everyone!

I am looking to see if there are any members of the site that live in the Western North Carolina area, around the city of Asheville that happen to own a deuce. I have seen several trucks on the road locally, and would like to get a chance to buy their owners a cup of coffee, and see if they'd mind teaching me the basics of what is needed to run and maintain one of these trucks.

Feel free to shoot me a message!

Thanks!

-SD

Another Ahab

Welcome from up here in Virginia, Mother of Presidents.

Western North Carolina (W-NC) is a thing?

Something new to learn every day:

- Wonder if it's something to do with barbecue sauce.

- is there an E-NC, or is it just W-NC and everything else is NC?

Silence Dogood

Western North Carolina is a thing, if not just for those that live there. My understanding is that it encompasses Winston-Salem and everything west of the Piedmont region. Can't say whether its based on barbecue or not, though.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi from N-GA, Just to the east of you is Old Grouch Military Surplus check him out if you end up near Waynesville, and watch the forum for the Georgia Rally coming up Oct 16-20 and the Denton Farm Park rally coming up April 2020 just north of Charlotte NC

Silence Dogood

I’ll definitely do it! Thanks for the update on the events. What is it that Old Grouch has? I’ve been there a few times, but I wasn’t aware he had anything for MVs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks