• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 NHC 250 Fuel Pump Filter Screen Location FOUND

J4Jenius

See TM 9-2320-272-24P-1 figure 96. Cummins OEM part number on page 96-1. (146483) This is for the M936 wrecker which has a VS (variable speed) fuel pump versus the AFC fuel pump installed on other NHC 250 engines which is figure 95 and same part number on page 95-1. The VS fuel pump is needed for the hydraulic operations of the wrecker crane.

I have not looked at my pump yet to verify it. I will tonight. The VS fuel pump filter screen is located on the bottom like others on this site have mentioned. It does NOT have a slotted access port. It is held in place by a split ring retainer.

I hope this helps my engine run better. I am expecting to see it plugged up with diesel fuel biological slime stuff like I found in the fuel filter.

I will post my findings tomorrow. I hope this helps someone.

J4Jenius

Yes, the filter screen is there. It is held in place by a split ring. However, it is located on the bottom of the pump tucked right in next to the engine block. It looks like the fuel pump has to be removed in order to replace the filter. I did not replace it yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks