• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Paint GMV

daveiaff

Just wanted to get it all the same color, I've got a body rotisserie for the next time it comes off. Going to fab up some front cages around hood and c pillar to slant back look bars to rear. The turret support ring was cut out- not by me LOL. That b pillar is from a 2 man truck with canvas top, I trimmed the pillar 3/4" on the body side to make it fit under the roof, had to redrill the bottom 4 holes. Doors next maybe the one from global with the power windows, then seats.

IMG_5374.jpgIMG_5373 2.jpgIMG_5376.jpg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought this thread was gonna ask about paint options, but instead your vehicle looks kick @$$.

Really nice work...inspiring.

T

daveiaff

IMG_2459.jpgI hear ya, but I cant leave anything stock. This one was an original paint long bed step side, it pained me to cut it up and shorten it, but when the plasma cutter is just sitting there beside it you commit. LOL.

daveiaff

The turret roof is for mock up. I’m press braking a new roof in aluminum and tig ing the center seam. I have most of the original b post right to the point that they put hydraulic cutters to it. .

diluted

The turret roof is for mock up. I’m press braking a new roof in aluminum and tig ing the center seam. I have most of the original b post right to the point that they put hydraulic cutters to it. .
7CJidYB.png

I'm almost positive someone is going to have a heart attack when they read what you're doing to this thing.. Are you open to trading for another HMMWV that is closer to what you're looking for? I think there are probably a few members that would love a GMV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks