• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1088A1 tractor front and rear gladhands question

hobbicam

Hello All:

I had a painting shop remove the 5th wheel and the platform and painted the frame.. with the platform off (including the gladhands that was on the platform) does anyone have information where the valve was connected to? This is the valve that is on the platform where you can direct air to the hitch or the tail gladhands.

I requested the shop to replace the rear gladhands with NPT fitting for quick air access. they removed both front and back bumper gladhands and put NPT on both.. thus brake cannot exhaust.. so now they only have the Emergency gladhands side with NPT and the service side gladhands has a pheumatic breather vent cap.

They told me service brakes are working as should be.

At moment, the platform is off, the painters does not remember where the cables went. I am not there yet, but plan to go to the shop and take a look. Does anyone have any pictures or reference. Does the TM show where these lines are located? When I try to push down on the trailer air supply knob in the cab, no air is coming out of the NPT. I assume this where the missing valve where the platform "was".

Regards,

KS

Last edited:

Ronmar

You need to apply park air(release park brake) to enable air out of the rear emergency/trailer port(s). The park air circuit provides a control input to the trailer control valve and even when trailer is turned on, it wont apply air to the rear gladhand till the park air input is satisfied...

You also need a vent on the front emergency port. Air leaking past a 2way check in the park circuit can pressurize that line up to the front emergency glad hand. Air trapped in this line will back feed thru the 2way which will keep park air applied even though you have released it with the control valve until that air has been expelled/leaks off...

Sorry, I do not know where the rear selector valves are located...

hobbicam

Hello Ronmar, it appears to work, the air coming out if not what I was expecting. It seems to be a low volume. I was thinking it would be a burst of air like you would see in a compressor with air tanks. It seems more like a compressor without a tank, sorta like plugging in a 12v car compressor. darn it.

Thank you,

KS

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks