• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Daytime running lights

Duuks

So where I live having daytime running lights is mandatory. Ignition turns on, daytime runners turn on automatically.
I was wondering if anyone has set this up for their m1078? I have a 1997 m1078.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Most of us all run with headlights for safety when operating anyway. Just make a habit of turning your 3 way switch on all the time

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So you would need to basically just run a jumper from one light across to the other and then hook into an KOER fuse in the box would be the simplest. So you would need to take a test light and find which fuse location is suitable to tie in to and just run a wire

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a keyed switch in mine running to a solenoid that kills battery power. I leave my light switch in the ON position so that as soon as you turn on the keyed switch to start the truck , lights are on.

coachgeo

Something I've been considering is run a second power line off the alternator exciter wire to a solenoid. It in round about ways comes from an oil pressure switch on the engine. This solenoid would need to be wired to be what sends power to the light switch (that has been left on*). That way will only power lights when engine reaches certain level oil pressure.. Aka.. Engine is running. This way you do not have additional draw on batteries when starting engine. Starter needs all the juice. Cranking the starter with lacking battery power is a fast way to ruin a very expensive starter.

You could wire a second solenoid power source to the light switch if you want to Power the lights with engine off on occasion

*if they are extra picky you can add jump wires to back of switch so running lights always come on when this solenoid kicks over even if the light switch is NOT set to have them on

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks