• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934 Winch Parts & Information

NSDefense

First and foremost i want to say Hello as i am new to this group. About a month ago i purchased my first 5 ton truck i drove it down from Virginia to south Florida 20 hours my new M934 in excellent condition made it home. i live in south Florida so my biggest enemy will be the sticky Florida mud, that being said i want to get a winch setup for my truck.

Upon doing some research i fount out that the 934 is the least talked about trucks (lucky me). so i guess what im asking here is where do i start. i dont know if i should go PTO or Hydraulic are there any specific pieces, are these winch kits direct fit for all 900 series. i am pretty much lost at this point. i read the winch installation thread but no mention of 934 stuff.

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is all the same as any other 5 ton m939. You need then pto. Pump. Lines. Winches are the same between the older trucks and 939 you just need the pump for the winch end

There are some electric 25k winches on the market for around $1000 from sherpa in Australia.

The 934s are pretty capable offroad. the weight on the back helps alot better than a cargo truck with nothing at all back there.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First and foremost i want to say Hello as i am new to this group. About a month ago i purchased my first 5 ton truck i drove it down from Virginia to south Florida 20 hours my new M934 in excellent condition made it home. i live in south Florida so my biggest enemy will be the sticky Florida mud, that being said i want to get a winch setup for my truck.

Upon doing some research i fount out that the 934 is the least talked about trucks (lucky me). so i guess what im asking here is where do i start. i dont know if i should go PTO or Hydraulic are there any specific pieces, are these winch kits direct fit for all 900 series. i am pretty much lost at this point. i read the winch installation thread but no mention of 934 stuff.

You didn't read about any winches on M934 vehicles because none had winches! With that said, some of the LWB cargos had them...the M928 specifically. You could definitely mount a winch. I would recommend you stick with the "stock" M939 winch kit because it should mount up somewhat easily.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well it is a 934. So tons of room. You could get a Myanmar L70 engine with a hydraulic pump to it to run the winch and put your control valve inside for flow. Hydraulics float 2500psi. So even then high hp on the truck pto is the same psi just more flow rate. So even a 9 gallon a minute engine mounted pump or the one ran by an aux power unit will run the winch to pull it out at its max power. Just may be a bit slow but it will pull. Mount the L70 on the truck frame with a double ended shaft. One for the PTO one for a generator head. Engine runs about a pint an hour at max power

NSDefense

Well it is a 934. So tons of room. You could get a Myanmar L70 engine with a hydraulic pump to it to run the winch and put your control valve inside for flow. Hydraulics float 2500psi. So even then high hp on the truck pto is the same psi just more flow rate. So even a 9 gallon a minute engine mounted pump or the one ran by an aux power unit will run the winch to pull it out at its max power. Just may be a bit slow but it will pull. Mount the L70 on the truck frame with a double ended shaft. One for the PTO one for a generator head. Engine runs about a pint an hour at max power

I found this local to me for right around $400 its a 45,000lb winch i think it should be a good start now i just need to acquire all the other pieces to the puzzle. that being said i guess ill refer to the official winch install page for what else i need

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That is the rear winch from a wrecker. Mounting that on the front of your truck is going to mess your transfer case up. It is way too much weight on the front end. Plus if you have an NHC250 truck it is going to sink in the front end so you may as well rely on the winch then. The normal standard 20k military front winch will suffice for you at half the weight

Finding the hydraulic pump for that winch will be pricey as to avoid the PTO shaft which the allison doesnt have a drop down PTO so woildnt be possible really. Or feasible to hook that winch to the allison PTO. But first thing is first better buy spare transfer cases while you are at it. Cause it will break the front drive with all that weight. And I don't think it will fit between the frame rails either

Member 86m1028 has some New in Box 20k PTO winches for pretty cheap.

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My friend has a 20 ton winch setup from a M925 that would work on the M934. it is complete.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
all the parts are the same unless you have an A2 model? as the inside cab control tower is different. Don't recall is the cables are different also but everything else should be the same

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm the friend with the winch.

It's the complete assembly, winch, mounting brackets, PTO, pump, hoses, in-cab controls, everything needed for a complete winch install, including the usually overlooked hood prop and hood hinge mount that are different on a winch model truck.

I'll send you a PM.

Nomadic

Congrats on your new ride. Any pics?

Following this. I just purchased (2) of the 20K winches and am reading up on how to install, what else I need, etc.
Thank God I have a forklift is all I can say so far.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it! 65,000lb of frame twisting power on the 925. IMG_7599.jpgI might need it soon, if this mud gets any deeper...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks