• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Maine

benhasajeep

New to the site. Found it looking for information on M35A2's. Unless the seller backs out at the last minute. Sat Aug 10th, I will be the new owner of a 1970 Kaiser M35A2. I am actually in AZ right now for work. I had a very experience mechanic friend take a good look at the Deuce. He said if he had the cash he would have bought it out from under me and not thought twice about it. So, I decided to buy it unseen personally other than the pictures. The seller is to drop it off at my house on Sat, with my wife finalizing the transaction. I'm due to fly home that following Tuesday. I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade (currently inspector). We have always had Jeeps (currently have 4, and 2 Dodge trucks). So the deuce being a Kaiser Jeep was a small bonus for us.

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello from NE Oklahoma. I too want a deuce and may get one someday. I currently have an M-1008 CUCV truck that is being repaired (smashed pax door). I know you're going to LOVE that truck. I drove them for years in the 80's and 90's. I will never forget "ALWAYS DRAIN THE AIR" from the tanks.

benhasajeep

Well it is now in our possession. It's a 1971 (was listed as a '70) M35A2 wow by Jeep Corporation. Since it was a fire tanker it was kept absolutely clean and everything works. Cab even has matching red carpet. Soft top is immaculate. Tires are new. It has a 1,000 gallon tank in the bed. And they did cut the sides of the stock cargo box for the storage cabinets and what not. They used a portable gas powered water pump, to move the water. It was where the shovel tray, and spare would be kept behind the driver. I may finish cutting out the bed sides and leave it a flat bed (right side is 85% there, but left 95% gone). It would probably be more useful as a flat bed than convert it back to cargo / troop seats.
New deuce.jpg

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is AWESOME....! Great Find. What will you do with the water tank? I don't know what I would do with one, but I bet the folks here will have a thousand and one possible uses...

benhasajeep

Well my wife has been bugging me about a pool. So, I said I will cut the top off. And mount an outboard on one end. Then she will have one of those exercise pools where you swim in place. :p She said the motor will cut me up. :shock: So my reply was I will give the outboard more throttle so you can't reach it. :p

benhasajeep

Thanks for the welcomes. Wife loves it. Not sure what it is with women who want to drive big trucks. hahaha. After a couple short trips to check it out. She actually drove it to work today. Let everyone have a look at it. She would rather have that old deuce than a new car.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks