• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 804a starts at 60hz then drops to 50hz

chuckbogard

I purchased a unit with 20 hours on the clock last year after hurricane Michael. For the most part it ran fine for all of 320+ hours. A couple of times I noticed it would drop to 50hz for awhile but it only happened a day or two.
I start and run the unit once a month for a couple hours. Now recently a couple minuets after start up it will drop from 60 to 50hz and just stay there until I restart the machine.
Suggestions anyone?

Zed254

I would start with the frequency select switch.

27. FREQUENCY SELECT switch
(MEP-804A/MEP-804B
only)(Located on controls
bracket assembly)
Allows selection of 50 Hz or 60 Hz.

SYMPTOM
17. Frequency meter (HERTZ) fluctuates.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Check back of frequency meter (HERTZ) for loose or broken wires.
CORRECTIVE ACTION
If wires are loose or broken, notify next higher maintenance level.

Guyfang

Staff member
DO NOT; REPEAT; DO NOT; MOVE THE FREQUENCY SWITCH WHILE THE GEN SET IS RUNNING! Failure TO HEED THIS WARNING CAN CAUSE YOU TO DAMAGE YOUR GEN SET.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks