• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another trip to Howard's!

Desert Rat

Ok folks,

I'm at it again! As soon as I print off a final PM from Chris I'm headed to Howard's place again. I have cash from some, a wish list from some others and questions from another bunch. I have my wife's camera (just don't tell her yet) and am ready to go. Let's see, tools, printouts, digital camera, roll of TP and paper towels, GoJo soap, car with car carrier, lunch and a gallon of distilled H2O for me. Yep, I'm ready this time(I think).

Desert Rat

Hi everyone,
Well, after getting bitten by squadrons fleas and ticks, hung up in countless briars, smashing both my right hand thumb and fore finger twice each and getting a MASSIVE sunburn I'm back with pictures, news and a fuzzy warm feeling of just plain having fun all day! For the people wanting parts I had tremendous success. For those wanting prices check your PM or e-mail addresses. The pics will take several postings to fit everything in. First let's start off with the Gama Goat pics so many people have wanted to see. I now guide your attention to the voiceless victims:

Desert Rat

Now for some uplifting news for Ken and Peter. Pics of where your parts have come from:
Ken, you're a lucky dog! All you, um wife, needs to do is reapolster the spring seats!

Desert Rat

Still more happy pics! I got to drive the Deuce. Howard's fine tuning it. It's got a slightly low idle. It's a 1C (boy howdy and then some!) with plenty of pep. 47xxx on the odometer and 15xx on the clock. She starts right up the first time! $3500 and she's yours. Wish I had the money...............
BTW Ken, that's your 200 amp alternator on your bumper.......

Desert Rat

I'm not done yet.
Ken, this is the way the trailer will look in Little Rock, more or less.

I took a second pick of the aluminum frame at Harold's. Here's the story:

These frames were made for the M35A3 bed. The legs are round poles not square like the M35A2s. Howard has several hundred of these still in the crate unopened. He's selling them for $35 a complete set. All you need to do is either make an adapter for the leg to go into the square hole of the A2 or make a tube to fit like the A3. I'm thinking to make the legs adapt to my next A2.

BTW, can anyone even SEE my poor little Police Interceptor?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! That's a lot in just one day. I did a lot of walking when I was there and that was without the weeds and insects. Exhausting!
You gotto stick to your notes and list of things to look for otherwise it's way too easy to catch the "Walmart Syndrome" and just start collecting all but the things you came for.
How is Howard doing? Or did you deal with his son?
I havn't looked at all your pictures yet, but I suppose our Gama Goat is in there, right?

When I was there, he had a pallet load of 200 amp generators, did you notice them? How much is he asking for them? Is the regulator built-in?

Good job, Desert Rat!

Desert Rat

Bjorn,
Howard is still alive and kicking. As he says, "I don't make any long term plans anymore.". There is a HUGE pallet of 200 amp alternator cores (complete, ready to be rebuilt) for $35 each. Are they HEAVY too. I think the regulators are built in.

I delt with both yesterday. Howard was busy with other customers so Buddy was with me the whole day. We stuck to the game plan and the lists I printed out before going down.

Another visit is planned for mid June. I'm developing a wish list for all interested. I will nedd cash in hand before going. I do not have money to cover requests since my Masters is nearly complete and the university has my money.

Another note. I'm planning to make trips to Howard's on a bi-yearly basis. One visit is planned in December on Christmas break and the other is for mid June during summer break. I plan to have my car carrier in tow on both occasions to be fully loaded with parts.

BTW Opie, Buddy has two complete windshield washer kits for the Deuce as well. Need one?

A final note. I am so sore due to sitting at a desk, typing on a keyboard, not getting physical exercise until yesterday. Wow do my muscles ache! Yet it feels good to get physically active again!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm speechless!!!! Every thing looks GREAT!!!!!! Looks like i've got a lot of work to do!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks