• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat Belt Problem

Oski1868

Please don't flame me if this has been discussed before! I really have tried to search for a remedy (i.e.: TM's, Forums, Google Machine, etc.) ....

Here is my problem ...

When I removed the interior of my 1997 M1078, I removed the seat belt mechanism for the passenger seat. Unfortunately in removing the strap, I allowed it to fully retract. When I went to re-install it, I can not seem to get it to extend. I know these work on centrifugal force when properly installed and deployed. There is clearly a paw that is engaging when I try to pull the strap out of the mechanism.

Though I have carefully looked, I can't find an obvious tab or "button" that will allow full extension.

Anybody have experience with these?

Thank you in advance ....

19Detail

I just want to echo what coachgeo said. Mine were very picky. Even slightly out of vertical and it would not extend. I thought I broke it. I remounted it in the truck and it works great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks