• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your MTVR today?

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Elijah95,

I agree!! The cost of shipping a truck could be more than the truck.

I got shipping quotes for just some little thing weighing like 400 pounds and it was over $600. So like a $1.50 a pound. So shipping a 30k pound truck would be $45,000. Man! I should be a trucker!!!

EO2NMCB

Ah a RGN would be like 2.50 to 3.50 a mile. Please oh please let me know where I can load $45k loads on my step deck, heck I'll haul it for 15K

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yermo to Memphis is around $2700 to $3000. That is what i was quoted for a 920 out of the same region. If its a good day its cheap. Trucking companies are shutting down and it is you can pick and choose what you want to haul. Its not bad considering the first break down if you are in west texas is gonna be 800 or more especially in the area from Ft. Stockton to Kerrville if you went the I10 route. Be about the same in the desolate area between amarillo and OKC.

Navy dude

I just won an overhauled one in GA, there were 2 plated as 2011 overhauls. I was hoping the overhaul data plates would not be widely noticed but not the case. I'll be looking for a shipper to drive it 800 or so miles to PA, hopefully under $4/mile. Wife is already gonna kill me! I'm hoping I didn't just overpay multiple thousands for cool new led lights. I read in the PA statutes that they have specific registration and plates for privately owned military vehicles, no mention of age so hoping I can actually get it on the road. I bought knowing that it might not be the case.... don't plan on getting creative to force the issue since I have never really run my trucks much other than to keep the systems running. It has been years since I bought an auction 5 ton so will see how long and difficult the process will be. I'll be following threads like this over time to see the experiences of others.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just won an overhauled one in GA, there were 2 plated as 2011 overhauls. I was hoping the overhaul data plates would not be widely noticed but not the case. I'll be looking for a shipper to drive it 800 or so miles to PA, hopefully under $4/mile. Wife is already gonna kill me! I'm hoping I didn't just overpay multiple thousands for cool new led lights. I read in the PA statutes that they have specific registration and plates for privately owned military vehicles, no mention of age so hoping I can actually get it on the road. I bought knowing that it might not be the case.... don't plan on getting creative to force the issue since I have never really run my trucks much other than to keep the systems running. It has been years since I bought an auction 5 ton so will see how long and difficult the process will be. I'll be following threads like this over time to see the experiences of others.
Around 930 miles from Albany, GA to your AO in PA. Around 2800 for me to move it

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, my name is Josh and I have an addiction..... bought a 3rd MTVR today and have yet to get any of the EUC’s cleared yet. Two non runners and a wrecked one for parts should make for an interesting learning curve for these trucks. I have pretty well mastered reviving other MV’s and have no idea what to expect with condition on these because there is not much info out there yet.

Efituned

Hello, my name is Josh and I have an addiction..... bought a 3rd MTVR today and have yet to get any of the EUC’s cleared yet. Two non runners and a wrecked one for parts should make for an interesting learning curve for these trucks. I have pretty well mastered reviving other MV’s and have no idea what to expect with condition on these because there is not much info out there yet.
What happens when a EUC doesn't get cleared? Do you get your money back and they relist the truck?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Truck purchased 8-7-2019
Euc filled 8-7-2019
Euc Submitted 8-20-2019

EUC APPROVED 9-11-2019!!!
First time EUC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie

Drove from Yermo along I-40 with the Goat in tow, modified my m989a1 to haul it, and drove cross-country to just south of Atlanta; over 2000 miles logged so far and this truck rocks!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Passenger door on the truck was stuck, so I began studying the parts on it and got it open, the rods pull down and create a cam function that presses a lever up on a release pin that unlocks the latch opening the door. Mine was adjusted “too long” and I shortened them, sprayed the lock assembly with oil, and added a little grease. Talk about opening smooth!
https://youtu.be/vTKiuYrKTZc

Last edited:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Replaced one of my front Axle CV boots, now that I have an idea of what I’m doing I’ll film a video and post it of the other side

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks